Enzo & Murcielago are Italian Exotics? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Enzo & Murcielago are Italian Exotics?

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by urraco, Mar 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    It is true that Luc Donkewolke is of Belgian background but he was born and raised in Peru. The spanish people of america are closer to italian culture and taste than most people realize in the U.S.A. They are latin just like the italians and the real italians from Italy relate with them better than with americans. Since he is white then most likely he grew up around the white spanish people (the true hispanics) and therefore his tastes and way of seeing things are closer to the latin way than the american people might think the latin vision of things and life is.

2. Slim

Slim Formula 3

Oct 11, 2001
    Pacifica, CA, USA
    Full Name:
    richard
    Similarly, the American Tom Tjaarda designed several 60's "Italian" cars while working for Ghia, Pininfarina, and years later, Fiat.

3. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003

A Lamborghini can be everything, even ugly, but not boring.

I like the Murciélago as is now, but it´s a bit "conservative". Ferrari was the conservative brand, not Lamborghini.

4. urraco

urraco Formula Junior

Feb 18, 2004
    Mexiko
    Full Name:
    Nitram
    I didn't mean to start an ethnical issue , We are talking about cars here

5. Burnout

Burnout Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Canada
    If by "conservative", you refer to the "clean" lines of the Murcielago, then what Donkewolke has done is returned Lambo design language to the early days of the Miura and origional Countach. These were the days when Ferrucio still owned at Lambo, and thus his influence produced the "clean" lines that characterize those cars.

So if it took a Belgian, raised in Peru, to return Lambo to its origional styling values, then so be it. It's been a long time coming.

6. dave_fonz_164

dave_fonz_164 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Davide Giuseppe F.
    as an italian myself, i would of prefered an italian to design both a ferrari and the lambo since they in many ways, represent italy in the world. i dont mind if another culture designs any italian car as long as he keeps that italian look and feel to it.

freak, bruno sacco designed mercedes for 20 yrs and gave them their identity and MB is considered a truly German design, wat about the original golf, scirocco, bmw 2002?all italian designers. these italian designers were able to create and stay in context of how a german car should look, okuyama and donkerwalke should do the same

7. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    When I first saw the bat-wings on the new Lambo, I thouhgt it was a fun new idea to replace the big back fin.....but this blue 512tr has a set of bat wings also, just never noticed it before. :)

Funny how these cars still have a few things in common from a design shape.

Someone needs to photoshop a set of bat-wings on a TR for me.

8. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    As soon as i read that, i didn't have to go any further... Exactly.

If an Asian chef works for an Italian restaurant and makes a world-renowned Penne A La Vodka or some other Italian dish, is it NOT Italian food because the chef isn't Italian...?

Just because Okuyama isn't Italian, doesn't mean the NNO isn't, either... When he designed the NNO, Okuyama was working for an Italian car company, designing an Italian car, using past Italian car and race history influences...

And in this case, it's not a racial or politically correct thing for me; it's an NNO thing... :D

9. noony

noony F1 Veteran

Nov 25, 2003
    Seoul
    Full Name:
    Johnathan
    Does that enzo on the first page really have green interior?

I always wondered, for what reason do those wings come out on the murci?

10. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Wings come up to garner more air to the radiators.

11. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Bat Wings make no downforce?

When it first came out, I thought it was suppose to match the P-car's speed activated rear wing?

Air intakes actually make more sense.

12. Burnout

Burnout Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Canada
    Exactly, its an ideal solution to increase the mass flow rate of air to the radiators when needed (or when you push the botton in the cockpit).

A MUCH better solution than the pair of garbage-can-sized intakes that were tacked on to the Canto's rear wheel arches.

13. Miura Jota

Miura Jota F1 Rookie

May 26, 2004
    Toluca , Mexico
    Full Name:
    Martin
    it seems like designer's nationality has nothing to do with their style

14. p.roma

p.roma Karting

Mar 29, 2006
    Well said. Nor should it really factor into the equation. The 'japanese guy' as some have so eloquently named him, was commissioned to design a FERRARI. I'm pretty sure 99% of those on this board don't think of the Enzo as the next Nissan Sentra... he did his job, the end result being an amazing, passionate and proudly Italian car. The Enzo was created by Pininfarina. The end.

Before Audi bought Lamborghini, it had been in the sinkhole for at least a decade. If they hadnt came in and created the Murcielago like they had, no one here would even be speculating on the marque... it would most likely have ceased to exist.

I fail to see what there is to complain about.