Enzo with 900 bhp (prepared by JMB racing) | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Enzo with 900 bhp (prepared by JMB racing)

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by F1racer, Feb 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    Mitch, good post! my question is, with the F1 system (Im not sure exactly the mechanicals of how it works) if it doesnt have enough clamping pressure, how would you fix this? a stronger clutch would make the computer go through hell wouldnt it? Sounds like the car was meant for 660 HP;) AND more importantly!, 485 lb-ft of torque;) The F50 however, well, Id be very happy to see a NA version get 600 Horses. The torque on a 4.7 will always be what it is (approximately,) to get more power, that number will just move up the rpm range or "hold" longer...I have noticed most NA engines peak with a max of about 90 lb-ft/liter...

2. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
    900hp my ass! Without forced induction that would be hard to do since there cant be any aftermarket suppliers for engine internals for the enzo, AND even if someone wanted to rebuild the engine to create more power, what coud you even do?? Maybe mill the heads to bump up compression, but thats probably it. Ferrari already did their best to get the most power they could out of it.
    Its not easy to get 900hp out of a 7.4L chevy v8 without forced induction, so just think how hard it would be to get that out of a ferrari!

3. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    i wonder how many miles per gallon this car sucks up!!!

4. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Pics of the engine bay please! :)

5. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    JMB racing has an F40LM also :)

6. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

But the F50 koenig had a turbo no ?

7. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    ? what kind of car is it ? And is it NA ? moredetail !s

8. Izza

Izza Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    London
    To make the figures more meaningful it would be best to quote in terms of gallons per mile.

9. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Yeah Twin-Turbo's ....
    Maybe this Enzo has Twin Turbo's also?

10. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Tim,

Yeah me too I was like 900 hp is impossible but just look at how much the Koenig F50 has (twin-turbo =850 bhp) and you've got Bob Norwood who turbocharged a F50 (hp , I don't know) , and you've got many F40 with 600 hp and +.

So If JMB turbocharged the Enzo it could have 900 hp no?

If only I had more infos!! damn

11. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    The F1 system is a computer controlled manual transmission. The computer runs the clutch and the gear shifting functions and blips the throttle as required.

The clutch looks just like a clutch in a manual transmission. It has a throwout bearing just like in a manual transmission. Its just that the thowout bearing is manipulated by a computer controlled hydraulic servo, and the selection of one gear or another is also controlled by the computer using hydraulic servos.

So, if the clutch can handle the TQ its OK, if it cannot, then you upgrade the clamping spring. If this exceeds the hydraulic pressure available, you add hydraulic pressure or you add area to the hydraulic piston that manipulates the throwout bearing.

12. salegosse

salegosse Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2003
    French Riviera
    Full Name:
    Julien
    For sure i'm gonna purchase this Enzo in all the street of Monaco now !

13. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    If you find it you will be my hero... Wait you already are with the black and red Enzo pics you took. :)

Anyway just keep an eye open ( or two) for this giallo Enzo.

14. mk e

mk e F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    The twilight zone
    Full Name:
    The Butcher
    I'd guess twin turbo (it could be a blower though) at 4 to 6 psi, intercooled. That should be about a 30%-40% hp increase. They probably didn't want to crack open the engine, any more boost and they would with the enzo's compression ratio.

15. Mako99

Mako99 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 29, 2003
    Right, and TQ is what I was referring to in terms of "power".

Now can someone answer the actual Q that I asked instead of trying to give a lecture? LOL

16. mk e

mk e F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    The twilight zone
    Full Name:
    The Butcher
    The answewr to that question is probably no, not without testing. Normally, there is a pretty large safey factor used when designing driveline parts, so a 50% increase in torque is fine. Usually much more than 50% is OK.

17. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Regardless of how much power it has, a Lambo is still faster.

18. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast
    In reverse, right?

19. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    In reverse/forward/backwards/sideways

20. bluekawala

bluekawala Formula Junior

Jan 22, 2004
    Ormond Beach, FL
    LMAO, you love to do this on a Ferrari site don't you, lol!!! Your awesome allan. Some people may get upset and off topic, but I think you love it, and d@mn its funny! Way to go, punch the throttle on your gorgeous Diablo for me, and have fun here on F-chat I'm glad your on it.

21. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    All in good fun. If your ever in Maui, let me know, we'll go for a ride.

22. netviper

netviper Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Saint Augustine
    Full Name:
    Dave
    What about a Lotus? ;)

23. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    Im saying even compared to a Lotus, some of the Japanese Diablos with millions of RWHP are faster;)

24. bluekawala

bluekawala Formula Junior

Jan 22, 2004
    Ormond Beach, FL
    Hold that thought, for ten years, and we'll have the original Ferrari/Lamborghini race on the stunning open free roads of Maui! Give me a dancing donkey over a raging fighting bull anyday! ;) Diablo's are amazing, when are you getting a Merci?! Take care, and more importantly drive fast, for those of us still working to get there. I'll hold you too that ride ;) ... if I ever get to Hawaii.

25. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Haha, Dancing Donkey! Im going to use that one here more often! As for the Murci, i want one badly, but im afraid there maybe be a significantly better Murci just on the horizon, so i will wait and see. No rush. Im going to buy a 996TT Porsche and mod it, hopefully 750hp or so. As for driving fast, believe me, i do.

As for the Lotus question, please, get real the Esprit is 2x the car the Enzo is!