Enzo´s Ferrari´s

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by GTE, Nov 9, 2004.

1. omd78

omd78 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 26, 2005
    Breda, Netherlands
    Full Name:
  2. Lowell

Lowell Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed Owner

Apr 17, 2005
    Santa Fe, NM
    Full Name:
    Lowell Brown
  3. skullyspice

skullyspice Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 18, 2013
    L A
    Full Name:
  4. epdowd

epdowd Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed Owner

May 31, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom Wilson
    In October 1960, Jesse Alexander got to drive and review two (silver & black) of the three GTE Prototypes for Auto Motor und Sport magazine. He says in the article that the third (the white 1903 GT) was not available for testing as it was "being used by Commendatore Ferrari himself".

Attached Files:

5. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 31, 2002
    Full Name:
    skullyspice likes this.
  6. kare

kare F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2003
    At this time the white car was carrying serial number 1287GT and plates "MO 54083". One should be very very careful when attaching serial numbers to the renumbered cars. If you look at the photos published in AMS, the plates on the silver 1287GT - the first prototype - have already been been removed for the obvious reason.

Sort of funny that factory archive seems to be of no help when trying to sort out these cases as old papers seem often to have been thrown away as soon as they were not needed anymore.
  7. Tired of seeing this ad? Upgrade now
  8. T308

T308 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 12, 2004
    Southern Cal

Have you seen a photo of the white car with "MO 54083" and without the side louvers?
  9. kare

kare F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2003
    No, don't think such exist. Louvers were added first.
  10. silver1331

silver1331 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 9, 2009
    This car sold last month at Bonhams for $225k when it was "believed" to be Enzo's car. Dealer now asking $595k and it appears it has become definitive...I would be curious to see what information the dealer has that Bonhams did not but i'm pretty sure I know the answer
    skullyspice likes this.