Enzo's for sale, any known buyers? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Enzo's for sale, any known buyers?

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Andrewgavi, Mar 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    LOL

Every once in awhile someone comes to F-chat and makes a fishy post.

What amazes me is how quickly these people are exposed. I guess they don't realize that the typical ferrari owner or enthusiast on this site is much more clever than say at www.ricers.com

Great stuff IMHO ;)

2. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Avia,

Jinx!

3. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Guys I think I know who Andrew is and if that is him, he is legit.
    I assume Andrew you live on the left coast of FL ? Lets just say somewhere in the middle :) Besides having also a lot of other very fine exotics in your collection.

Here is my advise:

The market is not at $1.2M. You are lead to believe that because these cars are offered all over at those prices. Selling prices I have heard of actual sales range right at $1.0M some at $1.1M

Further advise:
    You had talked to a broker a little further south of you about your cars. I know he wanted to list your cars for sale. I guess you did not agree, which is wise. If you plaster your cars all over the net you get reaction like you get here.
    I have given the advise to a gentlemen in Orlando as well who offered me his 333SP for sale. I am not the right dealer to sell these cars. There is only a hand full of dealers in the US that can deal in these cars and have the right reputation to be offering these cars for sale on consignment. I am not one of them (yet). Neither is the gentlemen from further south of you.

Feel free to call me to talk.

Martin (305) 867-7740
    www.4Ferrari.com

4. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Did you buy both Enzos from Ferrari ?

5. Andrewgavi

Andrewgavi Guest

No, but thankyou Martin @Cavallino for helping me show truth in my claims, I will call you later today, and speak further about the collection you know I have.

6. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    Andrew:

how did you ever get two enzo's?

7. JH

JH F1 Veteran

Nov 14, 2002
    Odense, Denmark
    Full Name:
    Jonas H.
    Bought them used? - Many Enzo's have been sold for profit. In Germany alone, there's 16 enzo's for sale right now.

8. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    If that's true, Ferrari will NEVER sell again to those guys.

9. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    i hope he didnt get 2 enzos from Ferrari just to shift them...

10. JH

JH F1 Veteran

Nov 14, 2002
    Odense, Denmark
    Full Name:
    Jonas H.
    It is true and you are probably right. If I was in the Ferrari admin. I would never sell anything to them again.

I'll see if I can find the site were I saw the Ferrari's.

11. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Jonas, I like your avatar, can you email me a larger version please? Is that a Koennig?

12. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Martin, I'm not an Enzo buyer (maybe in 20 years?), but I can't understand how someone who ever buy one of these car outside of a Ferrari dealership. An Enzo is a thinly disquised race car. It is damn near a thinly disquised F1 race car. Bottom line is that you can't take one of these bad boys to Pep Boys for an oil change. So unless your Enzo buyer already has a private tech on retainer (and even then how does he get the training and computer codes?), I would think that you'd be asking for nuthin but trouble in a private party sale.

Your thoughts? DrTax

13. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

Unless you are new to Ferrari ownership , buying an Enzo from a private party wont be that troublesome. Chances are you are already a well known customer from your nearest dealer and im sure he will gladly accept your Enzo for service ..no ?

14. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Grazie. BTW, I did not want to burst Writerguy's bubble yesterday but I said I did not understand Danish, but I do parlez petite Francais from high school to KNOW what you wrote in the other thread. LOL

15. Matt_337

Matt_337 Karting

Dec 24, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Matt
  16. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    your local dealer will almost certainly gleefully service your enzo.

where you're going to get HAMMERED is on the stuff that FNA Is covering gratis like the million dollar oil changes and the billion dollar brake pads. i doubt FNA will go out of their way to help too much in those departments. of cousre, if you're picking up an enzo for a cool mil, you're probably not too stressed about what it'll cost to change the oil - or replace the brakes.

another tack: lots of REALLY GOOD customers didn't get a chance to buy an enzo. 399 is not a large number, worldwide. and there are a number of folks who own two (this gent in FL, a gent in Canada has two, etc.). FNA isn't going to take it out on the customer if FNA thought that they should have gotten one and the customer went and got one himself on the open market.

doody.

17. JH

JH F1 Veteran

Nov 14, 2002
    Odense, Denmark
    Full Name:
    Jonas H.
    Haha, good, then you know I didn't insult you. That's always something :)

18. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    Yeah, it looks like Ferrari did an excellent pre-screening job with these clients. Not surprised.

19. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Thanks for the deal, I'll take 2 for that price.

20. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    Anyone else have an Enzo they want to sell?

21. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

Well....time for me to chime in here on Enzo values.

FWIW.....in November I sealed a deal to sell one of those 7 Canadian spec Enzo's for 1.1 MM USD to a Canadian client of mine. The deal fell apart when the vendor apparently got cold feet at the eleventh hour and went into the "witness protection program"...........the lease was approved and the money was on the table.........

Enzo's are available at 1-1.1 million USD.......they were 6 months ago........

22. lotustt

lotustt Formula 3

Aug 28, 2002
    Full Name:
    TRM
    I would like to hear more of this story of the Andrew guy. I wonder how this will pan out?

23. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    An Enzo owner in the witness protection program?????? Now THAT sounds like an interesting story! I guess just wearing dark glasses and driving your new Enzo wasn't enough. THAT's funny.