Enzo's for sale, any known buyers? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Enzo's for sale, any known buyers?

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Andrewgavi, Mar 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Andrewgavi

Andrewgavi Guest

The GT just is something new and would love to have a crack at it. When i get rid of my Enzo I know I can get another one, it is just a matter of something new. Thanks Dropgems to clearing up any misunderstanding.

Andrew

2. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

I just wonder if these cars get driven enough, you know like Enzo intended!
    There has got to be an Enzo owner that uses his car as an every day driver.
    Otherwise it is just a freaking crying shame!
    So how many Enzo owners out there have logged well over 1,000.00 miles?
    Is the Enzo an investment, or just a depreciating car?
    If it's just a car, soon it will be just another Poor Mans Ferrari. Wow in a few years I may get one, it will sit well with the other Poor Mans Ferrari's in the garage!

3. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Formula 3

Apr 20, 2002
    I forget who owns it, but there is one out there that has logged several thousand miles - including track miles and has already the brakes replaced once. Now THAT is using the car as Enzo wanted :)

4. rico

rico Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Bournemouth
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    How about this to sort this rumour once and for all...

Print off a copy of this thread and lay it on the windscreen of one of your Enzos.... Then take a digital picture of the thread on the Enzo then post it on this thread.

If you have the wealth to own two Enzos you've obviously got a printer and a digital camera.

There are absolutely no excuses not to do this...

1) Your identity will not be given away
    2) Your location will not be given away
    3) The VIN numbers will not be given away

I wait in anticipation of the results!!!!

:D

5. Bryan

Bryan Formula 3

Prancing Horse #150.
    Bob Rapp received a Giallo Modena Enzo (SN 13139) in Mar 2003. In one month, he put 1200 miles on, including a test at Sebring for Car & Driver. This resulted in new brakes ($4000US for a set of pads and $24000 for rotors). As of the writing of the PH article, he has 3500 miles on it.

He paid $659,779.50.

6. kiesan

kiesan Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 21, 2003
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Kie Robertson
    Hey Andrewgavi I noticed at the beginning of this thread on fchat you stated you had 2 of these cars for sale:

<I have two (2) Enzo's both US cars. Both with 100miles. One Blk/Red with red dials and a Red/Blk with white dials>

Later in the thread (6 hours) you mention that one is sold and the other remains:

<as of now the BLk/Red is gone and REd/blk remains>

I happened to check out your post on 6speedonline and it appears you have yet another Enzo albeit in a different exterior/interior color combo for sale:

<Hey guys I have my Enzo for sale. Know anyone who wants one. Red/Red 100mls US car>

Pardon the question but is this red/red example you have in addition to the black/red and red/black cars you listed on fchat or did you decide to redo the interior of your red/black car in red?

7. rico

rico Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Bournemouth
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    He's obviously a little boy trying to live a dream by attempting to trick us into believing him.

We can all dream buddy, but don't try to trick true enthusiasts at the same time. It's not funny, its not cool, and to be honest its down right rude.

If you can show photographic proof of your Enzos with a copy of this thread to prove their yours then i will appologise... but if not then please grow up!

8. johnw

johnw Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2002
    toronto
    Full Name:
    john
    LMFAO..............could this be any funnier??!!!

9. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    You know.....I have a feeling that it can!

DL

10. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Can't believe we are still entertaining this joker. Or are we now just entertaining ourselves. :D:D:D

11. Lee White

Lee White Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Colorado, USA
    Full Name:
    Lee White

I heard that Carl Sagan had some Enzos. Billions and Billions of 'em.

12. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    I am a Nigerian prince and I am willing to pay $1.9 million for one Enzo. I would love to buy both, but the hay for my cows is occupying the rest of my 5-car garage and bottom floor of my palace.

Since the fall of my father's government, my family has been busy transferring cash out of our war-torn nation and converting it to hard assets. I think we can partner together for mutual profit.

I would llike to send you a check, and when your bank confirms that the funds are in your account, please ship the Enzo to me. I will send you $1.9 million (One million nine hundred thousand US Dollars).

Shipping to Nigeria should cost no more than $10,000. The balance you can keep for your trouble. If this is acceptable to you, please reply via PM.

I remain your everlasting friend.

Prince Gofaka Yosef,
    Nigeria.

PS. My emissary is living in the city of Newark, NJ, USA. I have authorised him to effect all transactions on my behalf. Please do not be surprised to receive a check from him.

13. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Now, Is that any way to talk to an everlasting friend?

DL

14. Slim

Slim Formula 3

Oct 11, 2001
    Pacifica, CA, USA
    Full Name:
    richard
    You guys do realize that Martin has basically verified that this young man actually does have at least one Enzo and a nice collection of cars, right? I have no reason to doubt Martin.

(if you missed his post, go back to page 2)

15. Andrewgavi

Andrewgavi Guest

All I was doing was try to get rid of my Enzo's but now Enzo. I meant no ill will and was not trying to entertain you. As said before Martin @Callavino motors knows me personally and can verify my claims without having to post a silly picture of the thread with the Enzo. I wish to end the thread and get back to discussing the very reason that we are on here not to bicker or fight about the cars that I own nor my age. I wish all of you the best (even the ones with rude comments) and only wish to talk about ferraris that I want and have. Please leave it be and lets continue to have fun and drive ferraris and talk about them.
    "You guys do realize that Martin has basically verified that this young man actually does have at least one Enzo and a nice collection of cars, right? I have no reason to doubt Martin."
    (if you missed his post, go back to page 2)
    Thx SLIM

Andrew

16. rico

rico Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Bournemouth
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Andrew,

Obviously those of us who are a bit suspicious of your claims deep down wish you did have the Enzos, that way there would be another owner we could talk to about experiences and get some photos from.

However, if you put yourself in our position of just reading posts on an internet forum then its hard to believe your statements without photographic proof.

That is why i was asking for such proof, so that the suspicion would disappear and you would be welcomed into the community with open arms.

Hope you are able to post some pics if the next few days, I'd love to see them!

Rico

17. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Sorry have been busy.

You have warranty on these cars, you just bring it back to Ferrari.
    Andrews cars are technically owned by two individuals. I have not read any further yet but believe he received delivery. How? Check the Prancing Horse. Andrew is using several of those techniques I guess :)

18. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Exactly my point. There ar eonly few brokers that will broker these cars and these are well known members of the Ferrari community and will ear their brokerage fee fair and square. The buyer will know exactly how much the broker made but pay it gladly.
    You do not give out the VIN on these cars because others post them on ebay for sale trying to broker them. A Enzo VIN for sale travels faster than light, it travels at the speed of eBay!

19. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Enzo Chassis : "" 1285000 $
    USA Red / Black 100 Miles Details
    Phone : 1/877-409-2718 Contact : Andrew Date : 03/10/04

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2003 - Enzo Chassis : "" 1400000 $
    USA Black / Black 100 Miles Details
    Phone : 1/888-372-2254 Contact : TERRY Date : 03/9/04

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    USA Yellow / Black 100 Miles Details

USA Red / Black 100 Miles Details

2003 - Enzo Chassis : "" 1300000 $
    USA Red / Black 80 Miles Details

2003 - Enzo Enzo Chassis : "Upon request" 699000 $
    USA Red / Red 0 Miles Details
    Phone : 1/ 1 47 04 54 54 Contact : FA Automobile Date : 02/21/04

2003 - Enzo Chassis : "133917" 1350000 $
    USA Red / Black 230 Miles Details
    Phone : 1/408-354-4000 Contact : Silicon Valley Auto Group Date : 02/12/04

2003 - Enzo Chassis : "" 0 $
    USA Red / Cream 0 Miles Details
    Phone : 1/(310) 278 - 8500 Contact : Black on Black motor cars Date : 02/6/04

2003 - Enzo Chassis : "" 1175000 $
    USA Red / Black 80 Miles Details
    Phone : 1/877-535-5970 Contact : Gary White Date : 02/5/04

2000 - Enzo Chassis : "" 0 $
    USA Green / Grey 0 Miles Details
    Phone : 1/322-0117 Contact : Dane kally Date : 01/13/04

1989 - Enzo Chassis : "125 653" 50000 $
    USA Red / Black 6754 Miles Details
    Phone : 1/(1831)7224449 Contact : Micho rizo Date : 03/8/04

20. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    So, you're legit. Great. Sounds good.

Enzo's in Europe are advertised for as low as $800K USD, which means in order for the car to trade hands, we're probably talking around $700K purchase price (realistically). You can tell me $1.2M is market value until you're blue in the face, but if they aren't selling in Europe at the equivalent of $800K USD, buyers certainly aren't paying $1.2M. I can advertise my 360 Spider at $300K and tell everyone "it's market value", but I don't think people would believe me.

21. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Thank you, Kie...

Andrew, as i stated in my first post, i DON'T want the VINs of the cars you have; i'm merely requesting the serial numbers... Not the VINs, the serial numbers... Serial numbers... Not Vehicle Identification Numbers...

VIN (Vehicle Identification Number): DON'T post
    Serial #: DO post

What NOT to post: The VINs/Vehicle Identification Numbers
    What you CAN post: The serial numbers

What i'm looking for: The serial numbers...
    What i'm NOT looking for: The VINs...

Please do NOT post the VINs; i ONLY want the SERIAL NUMBERS...

Thank you.

22. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

Speedy308....

I was serious....we were ready to close the deal, cut a cheque, and the guy stopped returning our phone calls and went cold. Both myself and the broker on the other end of the deal were miffed. That's what I meant by "witness protection program"...the guy just disappeared. My client subsequently bought another airplane instead of another car.

Anyways...the problem with the internet is you can't always tell what someone means when reading typed words, so my apologies if you understood in the first instance. I wasn't making a joke about the guy who posted about his Enzo's in this thread.

Clax.....

I had 1.1MM USD on the table 6 months ago.....and I told my client not to buy the car as F50's and F40's all trade at MSRP 5+ years later...but he had to have it....fortunately for him (not me and the vendor however) the deal fell apart as I indicated earlier......and I am like you in that I believe these cars are headed back to "reality" very fast indeed.

23. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    The only way to settle this is for Martin to have a look at the cars. Wait, can we trust Martin?

24. lotustt

lotustt Formula 3

Aug 28, 2002
    Full Name:
    TRM
    Its also interesting to see and hear about a 20 year old who is very wealthy and can afford 2 Enzo's. I mean i think we wish we were all that lucky or came up with the "magic pill" at 20. So it would be interesting to hear. And of course pics and driving impressions are always great to.

25. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Hey kds! Thanks!

I agree with your sentiment. The only people the speculators can profit from is those who suffer from "First on the Block" syndrom.

That's just a great story. When people disappear in Galveston, first we check with the cross dressing millionaires, but just like in San Francisco Bay, they eventually float up.

Except Mike Nixon of course, and we knew he wasn't down there!

Who was it said, "A New Ferrari follows a depreciation curve, just like any used car!" It's just the initial frenzy driving the Enzo market right now.

Speedy"Where's my Lotto ticket?"308