epoxy floor costs? | Page 5 | FerrariChat

epoxy floor costs?

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by rob lay, Jul 25, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 338Lapua

338Lapua Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2015
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Tony
    #101 338Lapua, Nov 3, 2022
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2022
    I agree with Jim; $4 sq/ft is reasonable. If you spec metallics, expect that price to jump to $10-$15 sq/ft.

2. jimmyr

jimmyr Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Jim
    One observation that I would like to add regarding the fleck inclusion in the floor coating, it does make finding small items on the floor difficult. I took this into my floor finish choice, and was glad I did not add any visual floor problems when doing my restoration projects. There is nothing more frustrating than finding a steel trim screw in your tire that was hidden on the floor among the flecks. That is why the US Navy only uses just a gray non fleck finish in their hangers.

Rexcat458 likes this.
  3. Hopeful

Hopeful Karting

May 31, 2019
    Vero Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Tony M.
    One note on the colored flecks, besides being decorative they also add some texture to make the floor somewhat more slip-resistant. Even with the chips you need to be careful if the floor is wet. I'd hate to see how bad it is without the chips. And jimmy is right. If you drop something small, you need to lie down and look horizontally across the floor to find it. Been there many times.

jm2 likes this.