Eric Clapton-------------------- | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Eric Clapton--------------------

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by tonyh, May 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Wow, 1969.......damn long time ago......Woodstock, Flower, Power...
    Looks like an old gents thread here;)

@Mitch, have you seen CREAM live on stage?

I time I realy sadly missed (I´m born 1960) so I have never seen Cream & Jimi Hendrix live.

2. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John

Article in Wall Street Journal Weekend section today says that Clapton's top ticket price on his tour will be $250 this summer.

John

3. Dave330gtc

Dave330gtc Formula Junior

Mar 12, 2002
    NW Indiana
    Full Name:
    David Smith
    Free opened the show with Delanie & Bonnie next. From what I recall, Blind Faith played for a long time with an extended 30 minute Ginger Baker drum solo. Ticket prices went from $3.00 to $6.00.

4. cochise

cochise Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Lake Mary, Florida
    Full Name:
    Dempsey Chavis
    What always amazed me about Clapton was that he could play without knowing how to read or write a note of music. I met Elliot Randall about 20 + years ago and soon into the conversation Eric's name came up. Elliot was a studio musician (Reelin' in the years w/Steely Dan) who was friends with Clapton. Even in the midst of his heroin haze - Clapton could pick up his guitar and play a song back - better than what Elliot had just done. I am not musically inclined - so I impress easilly...but have always enjoyed guitar players.

5. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Saw him only once a few years back at MSG - the show was fantastic. Do remember when he and Jimi were the always the topic of who is your favorite/the best. Where is the guy with the Blind Faith album cover, as his avatar, figured he would be a huge fan. I believe "Sunshine of your Love" is always his encore.

6. Sarc

Sarc Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    USA
    Oh man, I'm kickin' myself now for not scoring tickets when they went on sale. EC is my second favorite guitarist (a close second to Mr. Page) and have always wanted to see him. Now I stroll on ebay and the cheapest I can find for my venue is 200 bones!!!. Dammit, this always happens.

Boy I'm envious of you guys that got to see these greats in their prime. I would have killed to see EC (in any incarnation but preferably Cream) and Led Zeppelin in their prime. When you guys would see these musicians back then, did you have any idea these people would go on to be legends? What a time it must have been back then.
    The closest (I think) I can get to that kind of vibe is to catch a White Stripes show.

That said.....anyone have extra tickets for Mr. Clapton in Detroit?!?!