Esoteric Question on 308 Plastic Surround (show off your acumen!)

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Wayne 962, Jan 21, 2004.

  1. Wayne 962

    Wayne 962 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

    Nov 27, 2003
    Okay, here's a tough one. The black plastic surround that surrounds the latch release handle on the 308 (mine's a '79) for the rear deck lid - is this the same black surround that is used for the release for the front trunk?

    I have checked the parts diagrams for this car. The front surround appears to be a separate black plastic piece, and is still available. The rear black plastic piece appears to be sold with the rear handle?

    Anyone know if these are the same?

  2. To remove this ad click here.

  3. flashman

    flashman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

    Jan 5, 2004
    Star Valley, Arizona
    Full Name:
    William Rappaport
    According to my parts catalog, they are only available as a one piece unit. The only part that is sold seperately is the gasket that fits under the front latch. Ferrari wants $151.18 for a new one. I also see that they are two different stock numbers (front & back). Hope this helps.
  4. Verell

    Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

    May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    Why are you asking? (Suspect you've got a cracked or broken surround).

    Tell me what you're dealing with. Unobtainium Supply may be able to make you one. We specialize in making plastic parts that are 'unavailable'.
  5. atlantaman

    atlantaman Formula 3

    Mar 31, 2002
    Roswell, Georgia
    Full Name:
    call TRutlands--he has 10-12 cars being disassambled--as long as you dont mind a used one

Share This Page