Euro is now near $1.30, will it change F-car MSRP? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Euro is now near $1.30, will it change F-car MSRP?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by sparetireless, Jan 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 1975gt4don

1975gt4don Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Peoples Rep of CA
    Full Name:
    Smog Exempt
  2. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Use this chart and hit the max time key, and you will see that the historic value comparison $ to E goes down (stronger $) when the US government has the deficit under control and up (weak $) when the government does not.

I don't thisk the war has anything to do with it other than causing more outflow of cash than would have taken place otherwise.

3. G-force

G-force F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles

the economic posts are interesting but...HAS ANYONE HEARD SPECIFIC INFO regarding Ferrari price increases????????????????????

4. F SPIDER

F SPIDER F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jan 30, 2002
    NYC, A'dam, W'stock
    Full Name:
    rijk rietveld
    Wolfgang,

I feel your pain. We do the reverse from you. When the Dollar was strong, and went from 1.18 (introduction Euro) to 0.84 (lowest point Euro), we lost 34% of our income. We almost did not survive this drop.

However, compared to the 1.18$/€, the current 1,26$ is only 0,08$ higher. Ferrari has been profitting from the strong Dollar without lowering their prices and now they are on the other side of the line and have to give something up. Not yet unbalanced in my opinion.

You have to go back to 1985, for the peak of the Dollar.

So, even though I feel sorry for you, the European economy is for 90% self contained. Only 10% is foreign trade and from this only a part of that is in Dollars.

I expect the Ferrari prices to go up, but only fractionally. In the mean time I'm enjoying our reverse of fortune.

Rijk

5. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    I'm in the same boat as the guy above. When the dollar is weak, I get lots of people in Europe buying up my products when they otherwise wouldn't have.

Maybe there will be a rise in other areas (gas, food, commodities), but overall the strong Euro has been pretty damn good for our company. I'm enjoying it immensely!