Euro QVs in North America? | Page 29 | FerrariChat

Euro QVs in North America?

Discussion in '308/328' started by Thomas Magnum, Dec 26, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tobygaff

tobygaff Karting

Dec 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Toby Gaff, Fort Wayne, IN. I have 84 GTS #48651

Thomas Magnum likes this.
  2. Thomas Magnum

Thomas Magnum F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2013
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Congratulations! I’m sure that car, with the GTO mods, really turns heads.

3. tobygaff

tobygaff Karting

Dec 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
  4. TripleBlack

TripleBlack Formula Junior

May 1, 2006
    Paris, France
    on my file, I have 48901 for scottabbott and 44907 is a GTS

5. TripleBlack

May 1, 2006
    Paris, France
    There 51217 for sale on eBay in Texas....

6. Thomas Magnum

Thomas Magnum F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2013
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Car definitely needs work but hopefully someone will give it the TLC it deserves.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/284725461054

7. TripleBlack

May 1, 2006
    Paris, France
  8. Thomas Magnum

Thomas Magnum F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2013
    Full Name:
    Mark
    That's wild!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. Bruce russo

Bruce russo Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2018
    Mesa, AZ
    Full Name:
    Bruce Russo
    I am listed as a Rookie on the site but have owned an ‘83 Euro GTSi since ‘88 and have just been reading multiple strings on the site. Are you still collecting names and pictures of US based Euro 308’s?
    Thanks, FerrariSpider

Thomas Magnum and TripleBlack like this.
  10. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    I have been meaning to add mine. I have attached a pic of the vin. Going through an engine out resto by me so slow going but fun.

Thomas Magnum likes this.
  11. TripleBlack

May 1, 2006
    Paris, France
  12. TripleBlack

May 1, 2006
    Paris, France
  13. AverageGuy2

AverageGuy2 Rookie

Apr 7, 2023
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    1985 308 GTS Euro. Ferrari of Salt Lake City confirmed the car was sold new in Sweden. Unfortunately, I didn't get any records/ documentation with the car when I purchased it a month ago. As far I know the car lived most of its life in Nevada after being brought to the states. The odometer reads: 21,008 miles. I wonder if that is accurate. I just replaced the cam belts, tensioner bearings, tensioner springs, battery, brakes, wires, caps, rotors. It seems to be running okay, but hesitates at low throttle, after 2500 rpm it seems to smooth out, not sure what is causing that. I am very excited to finally own one. Been dreaming about them all my life, still in shock to see it in the garage.

mcimino and Thomas Magnum like this.
  14. Thomas Magnum

Thomas Magnum F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2013
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Good looking 308! Mind sharing the chassis number?

15. Quasimotor

Quasimotor Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    Full Name:
    George Avgerakis
    OK, sports fans! Here's a blast from the past - my first Forza article - from 2005 - about how my wife and I bought our first Ferrari (a 1984 GTS Euro). See PDF attached.

I really, really like Hector Cademartori's illustrations! Aren't they great!? (Hector, if you read this, please contact me!!) Shortly after this article published, I took this car to a "drive-in" day at Limerock Park and a bunch of guys recognized MY WIFE from Hector's drawings (or maybe they recognized the car, but they all came over to see her! Hmm)! Thanks a lot, Hector!

Not mentioned in the article is a later-learned fact my car was made for the German market as indicated by two, wire mesh grills inserted in the rear-side air intakes. It turns out that these grills were mandatory in 1984 Deutschland! I had a body man remove them, fix the holes and then I made them "optional" with a bit of foam around the restored grills. This way, I can put them back in for total authenticity or take them out for the classic look. I still have the car and enjoy driving it frequently, but it still has under 50,000 miles. Restorations include rust bubbles, leather seats (both of these featured in Forza's technical topics section) and even an original Becker radio. Anyway - enjoy the story if you've never had a chance to read it, and post me your thoughts.

Here's also two photos of the car, one which I Photo-shopped during Operation Iraqi Freedom, while my daughter was deployed there. As you might guess, our troops always need a bit of levity to relieve the stress and boredom of a long deployment, so I took a photo I had of her, and some other elements and made my car look like it had been customized as a desert fighting vehicle. Then, I sent it to her with a phony press release, saying how my daughter's unit discovered a hidden cache of Saddam Hussein's exotic vehicles, including this bizarre 1984 Ferrari, fueled it up and shot up the dunes. Her unit split their sides in gales of laughter, except for a sergeant who came roaring into their compound demanding to get his own ride in the "battle-Rari!" More laughter - behind discreet palms.

The second photo is more recent, shot by journalist - Historian - Photographer, Greg D. Merksamer, at the 2021 International Motorsports Press Association drive-in event at Bear Mountain Park, NY. Here, I happen to be wearing the T-shirt given to me by the Ferrari Alaska Racing Team (F.A.R.T.), which features (I hope you can see it) a prancing moose!

A big shout-out to all the participants in my articles over the past 18 years especially the four Tifosi in Alaska who made me feel so welcome in the land of the midnight sun! I hope you are all out there enjoying DRIVING your cars and I appreciate all your kind words and support over the years as I've struggled to do justice to unusual and historical Ferrari's and their owners.

George (Quasimotor) Avgerakis

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

16. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
  17. TripleBlack

May 1, 2006
    Paris, France
  18. Dan Harris

Dan Harris Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 28, 2019
    Full Name:
    Daniel Harris
    I have 1984 GTS S/N 49861, delivered by Pozzi in France. Just acquired her, and if the previous owner (C. Lofton) is here, I’d like to connect.

19. Quasimotor

Quasimotor Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    Full Name:
    George Avgerakis
    Okay, okay. Here's mine, along with a copy of my first article for Forza, about how I bought it. It came with chicken wire mesh screens for the air intakes, that were said to be required only in Germany, so I figure it was imported eventually from there. Dick Fritz does not have it in his files. Anyone know where it might have come from? ZFFLA13B000049XXX (contact me if you need the last numbers).

George Avgerakis

Attached Files:

miketuason likes this.