Euro Spec F355 Differences | FerrariChat

Euro Spec F355 Differences

Discussion in '348/355' started by NaqeebDyer, May 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NaqeebDyer

NaqeebDyer Rookie

May 11, 2019
    Washington, DC
    Full Name:
    Michael Dyer
    Greetings all,

Just picked up my first Ferrari, a 1996 F355 Spider, here in the Washington DC area. I will drive it here for the rest of the year before I move to Germany for the Army...taking the car with me. I anticipate putting around 10k miles on the car before I eventually move it along to its next keeper. I like to sample and swap sports cars often.

That being said, what are the major differences between the US and Euro Spec F355 Spiders? I have seen a lot of discussion about differences relevant to the importation of Euro-spec cars INTO the US, but little about the other way around. Taillights, steering wheels, passenger airbags, amber side markers, etc. I also see that the rear bumper is different to accommodate euro style plates.

So, is there a definitive list of differences somewhere between EURO and US spec cars, and for our German members, any idea what minimum conversions are necessary to get the car through TUV inspection?

Thanks! and I look forward to participating in the community in the future.

2. phrogs

phrogs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Michigan
    Basically on my euro car that was imported from Germany to the USA, they added the lights to the front and rear bumpers and swapped the tail lights and headlights cut the harness to run bulbs that were compliant to the DOT.

Otherwise a euro car doesn't have a OBD2 plug and it might have the plug to disable ABS brakes.
    You shouldn't have a thermocouple at the bypass valve.

Otherwise the cars are identical.

3. Wsmatau

Wsmatau Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2016
    I'd probably have done that in reverse if I were you (take a Muscle car to Europe and sell/trade for a 355 to bring back). Driving in DC finally broke me of wanting manual transmission cars. Enjoy the overseas experience and bring back something interesting!!