European F1 Grand Prix - Nürburgring - *spoliers* | Page 3 | FerrariChat

European F1 Grand Prix - Nürburgring - *spoliers*

Discussion in 'F1' started by imperial83, May 29, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mr Payne

Mr Payne F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    Full Name:
    Payne
    Don't let facts get in the way of imperial's blind hate of JPM.

2. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    Ferrari is slower than Williams. Ferrari is slower than Renault. Ferrari is slower than McLaren. Ferrari is slower than Toyota. Ferrari is slower than BAR.

Ferrari is faster than Jordan. They are faster than Minardi. They are (arguably) on par with Sauber.

Ferrari would have won today if Williams, Renault, McLaren, Toyota and BAR had all crashed out.

Face it, Ferrari is not in contention this year. Their car is a dog, for whatever reason(s). Ferrari can win a race this year just like BAR can win a race 2 years ago - due to extreme bad luck on their competitors part and extreme good luck on their part.

3. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    BAR did nothing today. I don't see how BAR can be faster than Ferrari.

4. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    It'll be interesting to see how they'll develop going further. They did have the old engines in them and they lack race practice. However I have the nagging thought, that now running with more weight is killing them. Or to put it differently: Have they been cheating last and this season when they were successful?

5. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    When did you start following F1? YESTERDAY!

BAR Honda have never won a single race! EVER!

6. PSP

PSP Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2001
    Lake Forest, CA USA
    Full Name:
    Patrick S. Perry
    What's a "spolier"? ;)

7. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    My lack of English skills and caring at 8:00 am in the morning.

8. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Overall, it was a good race.

I tought KR did a good thing staying (only 1 more lap).
    He needs all the points he can have. Sadly he got 0 points and making a pit stop to change that tyre he would still be in the points but it isn't a victory + its no 10 points. I repeat ..only 1 more lap..I feel sorry for Kimi.

Heidfeld
    Best moments of his career right now. Hope it gets even better.

Coulthard could have got Red Bull's first podium finish. Still...4th is really good.

Tyre rule ....
    Good or no good?
    I just hope no one gets hurt really badly this year because of the tyres.

Another Ferrari podium finish at Montreal, I promise. :)

9. SRT Mike

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    Maybe (by your logic) Ferrari should be given the championship this year because they have won so much in the past and, well, 'they deserve it'.

You listed 3 reasons why Ferrari didn't match your 1-2 prediction.... those reasons had nothing to do with it. It was everything to do with the current Ferrari being slow. Slower than many of the other cars.

So, really, for the Ferrari to win, there are at least 6-7 other drivers who would have to have REALLY bad luck, along with Rubens and/or Michael to have really GOOD luck. That's not happening.

I feel you are having a hard time with Ferraris pace this year. But blaming it on everything other than Ferrari is counterproductive. I'm glad everyone else (including the guys at the factory) disagree with you, because otherwise they'd be moping and crying foul instead of doing what they need to do, which is make the car faster!

So, what are you predicting for the next race? Ferrari 1-2 again? LOL!

10. SRT Mike

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    IMO the tire rule is silly. I understand the reasoning, and in theory it puts everyone on a level playing field. Problem is, unknown factors crop up during a race and it seems we've had tons of races who'se outcomes were artificially affected by not being able to change tires. Too much wear (RB) is one thing (and is nobodys fault but the team + tire company), but blowouts and flatspots are safety issues that will likely be 'lived with' (pun intended) in an effort to win a race. Too bad, hope nobody gets hurt over it. Kimi could have had a very nasty accident today.

11. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    Yes, laugh all you want. I am a true tifosi. Niether unfair rules nor cheating on the behalf of other drivers and teams will deter me.

Ferrari 1 - 2 in Canada!

12. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Maybe Ferrari should have a true Number One driver that challenges MS. Renault and Flavio did nothing wrong with Fisi's car, it is up to him to challenge. Ridiculous argument as usual from you, if Bridgestone gets there act together Ferrari will win. For the last few years they have had their way, now there is a change. In addition, judging by your age, you have some Balls accusing SRT of watching F1 recently.

Back in 03 it was Ferrari and Bridgestone that f@@ked up the championship after the Hungarian GP by crying over Michelin's tires, now they have no excuse.

Look we all want Ferrari to do well, but it is much more exciting to have a championship go down to the wire instead of the usual boring racing. Kudos to Renault, McLaren and Michelin for stepping up their game.

If it doesn't go you way everybody is cheating?

13. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    I think Ferrrari is running very good. It's the qualifying that hurts. I think they will do very well in Canada.

14. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    You said it...
    Ferrari's problem is qualifying.
    I guess they can't get those bridgestones up to temperature.

15. asds3x

asds3x Karting

Oct 11, 2004
    IQ83 cracks me up, he is so busy servicing the Big Chin to see the light.

"The world's best driver" was beat by his teammate,again.

Webber admitted to the crash, Montoya was taken out by him not the otherway around.

IQ83 did Montoya turn you down is this why you hate him so ?

Fortunes change in F1 , the Big Chin is old . The young bucks want it more.

Your comment if Renualt allowed their drivers to race each other ,WTF ?
    Hello IQ83 , Ferrari never let Ruben race the Big Chin before and you have the gall to say that.

Go cheer the Big Chin up in your own special way.

16. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Don't worry he is just a 22 year old Troll who hasn't been to an F1 race in person. He is a dork. Read all the other posts about this ******...

17. VROOM!!!

VROOM!!! Formula 3

Feb 11, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Armen
    I feel really bad for Kimi. He raced a great race but luck wasn't on his side today. To bad for him...

18. SRT Mike

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    I hope you are right, but I doubt you are. I would say a real tifosi would enjoy to see Ferrari having a challenge, not just parading around the track. I think Michael is at his best when he has a challenge before him. I seriously hope he stays in F1 for years to come. Nothing is better than to see a team fighting for wins. Right now, they all are. Neither Renault nor McLaren can rest on their laurels. But blind (and knowingly unrealistic) faith is not helpful.

19. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Perfectly stated from someone who understands racing and not parades.

20. riverflyer

riverflyer F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    Mendocino, Ca
    Full Name:
    John
    I missed the broadcast, anyone know of a replay scheduled?

21. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    Speed replayed it late yesterday morning.

Carol

22. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    You can download it using Bit Torrent/Azureus. It's 700mb and should take 7 hours to complete

23. WDR328

WDR328 Formula 3

Dec 11, 2003
    The Bugscuffle Inn
    Full Name:
    D. Rose
    I really think that the FIA need to look at the 1 set of tires rule. I would suggest that they allow one set for practice and one set for qualifying and the START of the race. At any time during the race a car may have tire service, but no fuel. This would allow for the situation that Kimi experienced to be rectified. This current situation is dangerous!!. If Button had been just a bit slower, Kimi would have taken him out also with potentially serious ramifications. Granted, Kimi's problem was his fault, but look at Alonzo's tires at Monaco, RB had to retire from a previous race due to excessive tire wear, Bar has had problems and so have others. In my personal opinion this new rule sucks. The governing body needs to look at this situation immediately before a driver or some spectators get hurt.

24. speedy_sam

speedy_sam F1 Veteran

Jul 13, 2004
    TX
    Full Name:
    Sameer
    ^^

The teams better have more conservative tires for Indy - the banked turn really chews up the tires. We dont want another incident like Ralf's last year. (I know that was due to debris ..)

25. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    My fatith in the best F1 team ever created is justified.