European tour in my Scud | FerrariChat

European tour in my Scud

Discussion in 'Travel' started by ScuderiaDane, Jun 18, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ScuderiaDane

ScuderiaDane Rookie

Jun 18, 2019
    Copenhagen
    Full Name:
    Marcus
    Hi guys,

I plan to travel through Europe this summer.
    Starting in Copenhagen, Denmark, then through Germany, France and Spain, spending two weeks time in Marbella, then a few days in both Barcelona, Monaco, Rome, Venice, Maranello and Wagrain and back home to Copenhagen. A tour of at least 10.000 km. of driving.

But I haven't done a tour like this before! Does anyone have any good advice or hints? Both in regards to
    experiences/attractions along the route and to the journey itself? For instance, should I put on my front licence plate in these countries, should I bring extra oil, semi slicks or regular tires etc.

Of course I know what to see in Maranello :p

2. Shahaf

Shahaf Rookie

Jan 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Shahaf Galil
    You must include the Swiss mountain passes on the way back, maybe Black Forest too if you do.

Let me know if you need particular routes!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

3. ScuderiaDane

ScuderiaDane Rookie

Jun 18, 2019
    Copenhagen
    Full Name:
    Marcus
    Of course, the Swiss mountain passes will be on the agenda :cool:

But fell free to give advice on some nice routes ;)

4. 71Satisfaction

71Satisfaction Formula 3

Jul 15, 2012
    New York and Norway
    Full Name:
    Art
    This might be too late for your trip, it's already full summer, so tell us how you're doing...

There are no end to sights to see on your route... Too many to even start, but you ought to think about what experiences you prefer: Culture, Landscape, Food, Automotive - that might help structure the trip and focus your resources (time)..

You'll be spending days driving and you have to figure out how to "recharge your batteries"... Stopping for an hour to visit a village or church is very different from staying in a place for a couple of days...

Just like in Denmark, summer is vacation time for Europeans too - so you can image the implications on restaurants, hotels, and mostly traffic - there will be weekend traffic jams at all the popular destinations..

And the heat esp Barcelona, Monaco, to Rome.. will also be very hot.. service your Air conditioning and coolant system!

You can research vacation information online, TripAdvisor is a good source, also some travel blogs or other Automotive forums...

Best of luck! .. and maybe we'll wave Hello to you on our visit planned to Fanø in a couple of years...
    - Art

5. Shahaf

Shahaf Rookie

Jan 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Shahaf Galil
    Take a look in my Instagram there’s pictures and locations of most of the Swiss passes, fuels and susten are two of my favorite...

@shahafgalil

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat