Ever regretted buying a Ferrari ? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ever regretted buying a Ferrari ?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by AndersJL, Mar 30, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Have someone check the carbs, mine pushes me back in the seat!

Or pass the torch to a new owner, and try something different!

Good luck!

2. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Jason, go get some new headers!!!!!

That was the first thing to fail on my car, lighting the car on fire!

I fixed 'em, and life is good!

3. ty (360mode)

ty (360mode) Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2002
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    hell yes, my first 360 was an F1, paid wayyy over sticker and i absolutely hated the F1. what a POS that was... jmho, of course.

4. Juice It

Juice It F1 Rookie

Sep 22, 2002
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I would say somtimes I do regret it. I am one of those people that no matter how hard I try to say"its just a car" I can't bring myself to park it anywhere I happen to be which keeps me from going to some restaraunts and other places I would otherwise have no problem with. The funny thing is that I have a Bentley Arnage as my daily driver and I will pretty much park that anywhere yet the Ferrari worth half as much is always an issue for me. I think it is just because it is red and no matter where it is there are always people standing around it or looking in it when the top is down.

5. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    From time to time I curse the car, but just because it has its hooks in me. I dig driving it and tinkering with it, and wouldn't want to be without an Fcar now.

The owners I've met have all been very interesting people in their own ways, well worth knowing.

My only true regret is that my garage isn't large enough for all the Fcars I want to experience. TR, Dino, 330 GT 2+2......

6. 512Professore

512Professore Karting

Feb 3, 2004
    USA, GA.
    Full Name:
    Brian Strasburg
    A HUGE "AMEN" to these comments !!! The American style of driving(if you can call it that) is very similar to getting on the escalator at the local shopping mall, IMHO.

The only regret with my ownership, is putting up with FNA's sorry dealership network and their very poor service. Not to say that the mechanics at the dealerships are poor, it's just their attitude in which they think most F-car owners don't know "squat" about their car, which somehow leads them to think we can rip this guy off, or over charge without the customer knowing.

Otherwise, owning and driving a Ferrari has no equal that I know of, at least in the domain of cars.

7. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

Wow, you're a lightweight! I'm probably on FChat & the Archives for 5 hours a day -- then I cruise over to FML, eBay, and some undisclosed sites...

This summer's project is to push a secure wireless link into the garage with some junky laptops. Then, I'll be near the car and Fchat at the same time.

Lord, I can already see my wife looking in the yellow pages for a divorce lawyer.

Addicted,
    Daniel

8. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    No, but I do regret buying a Porsche Boxster new once. :(

9. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I couldn't agree more with everything you said.

10. M.James

M.James F1 Rookie

Jun 6, 2003
    Worcester, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael.C.James
    I did, when my 'new' car was actively leaking gasoline when I first pulled it into the garage - this was after I had all new fuel lines installed two days before. I panicked when I thought the car might ignite, and since I had no fire extinguishers in the house and a GAS water heater on the garage floor with a pilot light burning away.....I just parked a $30,000 bomb in my house that could explode at any minute if the gas reached the very-hot engine. It was a long night, babysitting the car and venting gasoline fumes from the garage so they wouldn't build-up inside. I called a plumber the next day to put my water heater on a 18" stand so gasoline fumes wouldn't be ignited by the pilot light. The next day, I tore into the car to locate why the gasoline was leaking - loose hose clamps on all of the new rubber lines that I spent $$$ to have replaced. Lazy mechanics.......

I'm feeling better about the car as I repair little 'issues' here-and-there....now I'm only leaking oil and coolant once in a GREAT while instead of after every drive.

11. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Not for one second! Regrets? I Regret that I didn't do it sooner. Regret that I haven't added a 12 cylinder car yet...:)

12. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino

I feel the same way!

13. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Yes

14. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Not in the first 1,600 laps on the race track (4,800 track miles and 20K road miles);
    Ask this question again after the second 1,600 laps on the track.

15. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    No regrets whatsoever. I look forward to a life of Ferrari ownership and enjoyment.

16. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna

HEY!!!! 1000 posts!!! Formula 3!!!!! Woo hoo!!