Everyday Breathing | FerrariChat

Everyday Breathing

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by iLikeTelevision, Sep 14, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. iLikeTelevision

iLikeTelevision Karting

Apr 12, 2008
    Antartica
    Full Name:
    John
    So, I decided to look up information on breathing.

I now have changed my breathing habits after working on it for about two weeks. (pretty hard to think about each breath you take when changing)

Anyways, I found that the natural way to breath air is through your gut. For me I feel alot less stressed out and it works even when I am working out.

I found that there are two different ways people breath, chest and gut. If you want to find out yours just place a hand on each one and take a breath.
    The hand that moves the most is the way you breath. My chest hand used to be it now its my guts. To breath through your gut just breath in air while pushing out your stomach and eventully you'll feel how you can breath that way.

I also found that always breathing through my nose is also the natural way. As the nose conditions and prepares the air for your lungs where your mouth would not. It allows the air to get used to your body temperature, as it takes a longer path to your lungs, and your nose hairs obvioulsy filter the air.

I've also read that when you breath out, the air will (carbon dioxide?) will destroy the the parts that were filtered so your nose doesn't get clogged. I don't know if this is acutally true but so far I haven't had a stuffed nose.

So, now that I've got you thinking about breathing, what do you think about it?

2. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I think Ive had multiple operations and still cant breathe through my nose.

3. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    When I breathe through my gut, others vacate the immediate vicinity and head upwind.

4. Fpassion

Fpassion Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2005
    As you age you stop breathing from your gut area-diaphram. Next you breath more from your lungs, finaly from your mouth.

When your running breath deep from your lower area and exhal gently relaxation helps.

5. iLikeTelevision

iLikeTelevision Karting

Apr 12, 2008
    Antartica
    Full Name:
    John
    Care to ellaborate?

hahaha i'm sure a little practice could change that, or not.

I never was sure how your supposed to breath when running. Thanks for the information. I'll be sure to use it.

6. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I have deviated septum/rhinitis/sinusitis. Ive had septum surgery twice by different doctors. Take the decongestants. Still cant breathe through my nose.

Always been like that so Im fairly used to it.

7. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I breathe using my gut when relaxing. If I try with just my chest, I start to lose my breath and can't relax. Usually in high-anxiety situations I automatically go into chest-breathing mode, which makes things worse (i.e. very soft spoken because lack of air). After running, I breathe through my mouth and using my chest instead of gut (weird, right?).

8. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    4-8-4 breathing.......

Inhale through the nose over 8 seconds, hold for 4, then exhale through the mouth over 8, hold for 4 then inhale through the mouth for 8, hold for 4 then out through the nose....

Alternate, repeat.

3-6-3 if you don't have the lung capacity.

9. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    find a zen monastery near you and go to their introductory class on meditation. you will learn how important breathing is and how to do it.

10. iLikeTelevision

iLikeTelevision Karting

Apr 12, 2008
    Antartica
    Full Name:
    John
    I actually didn't know what that was untill I just looked it up. I had heard of it before though so, thanks for helping me learn more.
    Now that I think about it, it could be a good explanation as to why my father snores and his somewhat poor sinuses (I remember the top part of his nose as slightly "bent"). I'll have to remeber this the next time I see him.

I used to be the same way. Perhaps this is the body's inital reaction or, maybe we just haven't thought about controling our breathing before.

Is this for relaxation or, are the numbers around how our normal breathing should be?

Sounds like an intresting weekend activity. Have you taken one in the past?

11. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Relaxation.

12. Fpassion

Fpassion Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2005