EVO Car of the Year | Page 4 | FerrariChat

EVO Car of the Year

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by bobbyd, Jan 13, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Maybe people like like those posts because they are accurate?

I know that's my gauge whether I like a post or not, whether it's on FChat, RL, ML, MChat, or whatever.

xfrgtr, IPO1 and Gh21631 like this.
  2. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East

He deleted his post. Smart. I don't get why "some" are overly sensitive. Moreover they only read certain words and not the entire message. The people that generally make these claims are 1) new to the brand. 2) never owned an F car (perhaps never owned any other exotic) 3). Fanboys of the brand and can't see beyond.

I have owned several F cars and may pick up another one here in the short term - I have my eye on a 355 manual spider for fun. I would like a Pista and may get one down the road, if things work out. Would someone who hates Ferrari continue to buy their cars? They claims don't make any sense.

IPO1 likes this.
  3. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #78 Shadowfax, Jan 28, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
    Unplanned 3 holiday? Lol maybe do the homework next time Ipoi - has been a 3 day long weekend here in Australia mate (due to Ausralia day) so sorry pal no time for FChat in between soaking up the sun and surf here on our beautiful coast. Nice to hear you missed me though! Kinda sweet. Hope the posse didn't miss me too much either. Send my regards!

PS. Ferrari certainly didnt force me to buy my new 488. Can't imagine Lusso owners were suffering awaiting their Pistas to arrive either. I'll also be enjoying my 488 right up to the day!

Only bad thing about Ferrari is having to wait for a new car whereas if I wanted a 720 I could go in today and drive out in one and pretty well every other model they have in their line up :eek:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    #79 IPO1, Jan 28, 2019
    Cute picture--but don't get too excited, people were very happy for the peace. Hope more holidays soon in your country.

Regarding having to wait for Ferrari may be different in smaller market like Australia.

Here in US can walk in and walk out with brand new 488's at just about any Ferrari dealer (they will beg you to take one). Lusso--no problem. Portofino--no problem. Now Pista no go...but then again so is Mac Senna.

Take a deep breath...there are many great cars out there. Hope you have the oppty in the future to try a few different brands. It's much more fun.

PS - You are one of two now on my ignore (poof--you're gone and my life will be much more enjoyable here). Sorry will not be able to see or reply to your posts anymore. Please add me to yours as well. Take care.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

xfrgtr and Gh21631 like this.
  5. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #80 Shadowfax, Jan 28, 2019
    People? Lol, I love it when you get carried away Ipoi! You mean yourself and your loyal 5 man mac posse! Anyway please tell them all to try and settle down a bit and don't stress out so much - we have many holidays here just so the tag team can take a little breather in between taking all those cheap shots against those of us here who prefer our Ferrari's - and who come to Fchat to chat about Ferrari's!. Must be very boring on the Mac forums eh hence the need to take pot shots at the Ferrari camp. Oh well....se la vie!

PS. Excellent! Now let's wait and see how long ignore works for you this time lol. Place your bets members! It's a sure thing!:D

6. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #81 Shadowfax, Jan 28, 2019
    That's how it is mate - they incessantly like themselves all the time to spur one another on and then reach for their guns to shoot us guys because it really must be a boring old life over on mac chat, and I suspect they also have deep issues with their mac ownership experience which they don't want made common here so taking pot shots at Ferrari guys on the Ferrari section who genuinely prefer their Ferrari is a means for them to feel a little better about what they did to themselves when they defected and/or refused to play this so called Ferrari game they blubber on about all the while. I mean it's clear by their behavior the mac ownership experience can't possibly be all they crack it up to be else why waste time driving the thing straight up the center of a Ferrari forum bothering and pursuing guys who prefer their Ferrari's? It's the only logical answer to it I'm afraid Ash. But hey look at the bright side. As annoying as they are there is an entertainment factor in seeing them jump to defense all the time......yes sir an incredibly defensive bunch indeed. And you gotta ask why. Very funny stuff when you look closer into it - considering us guys don't see the Mac as a bad car anyway but they want to make out the exact opposite just because we haven't had the motivation to buy one at this stage. Crazy crazy stuff. Probably just deep insecurity within a few of them - I know all mac owners aren't like that thankfully....just the same old handful here that incessantly push their barrows on Ferrarichat against Ferrari lovers whilst desperately trying to gain some traction in their plight against the Ferrari brand. A lot of butt hurt it seems.....more than you or I will ever understand.

Ash Patel likes this.
  7. markcs

markcs Karting

Oct 23, 2016
    pretty sure Shadowfax owns a few different brands and also drives the occasional Mac
    why the hostility
    wheres the LOVE?????

Ash Patel, Shadowfax and theplanner like this.
  8. theplanner

theplanner Karting

Jul 3, 2018
    Boys with big toys and big egos :p

Shadowfax likes this.
  9. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #84 Shadowfax, Jan 28, 2019
    I do actually but my other cars (porsches) don't apparently count as they aren't a mac. Funny thing is I drive with friends who have macs and we all get on famously but then they don't waste time on Ferrarichat forums pushing barrows like these fellas. I'm not banging away about my Porsches here on fchat .....couldn't be bothered... prefer chating about the ferraris here...I mean it is ferrarichat.

kandi, Ash Patel and markcs like this.
  10. markcs

markcs Karting

Oct 23, 2016
    Sorry
    I assumed everyone on here was an owner, or a Ferrari enthusiast
    Apologies to all !!!

Ash Patel and Shadowfax like this.
  11. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    And very big hats going by what they told me.....not many cattle etc....their words not mine...

I did look up the meaning and It's hard to argue...so.....but they want me gone forgetting us Aussies don't take certain stuff lying down.

12. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Not everyone is a Ferrari owner but I’m pretty sure we are all Ferrari enthusiasts. I’ve enjoyed my 488 tremendously- it’s a fantastic car.

xfrgtr, Caeruleus11 and IPO1 like this.
  13. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    I enjoyed my 458--amazing car and drove the hell out of it.

If people actually read the replies (which many have not) in this thread they would see there is zero Ferrari hate coming from anyone.

I love all brands--and buy them (Porsche, Ferrari, Lambo, Mac). Look forward to 488 replacement to keep pushing envelope.

xfrgtr, Gh21631 and SoCal to az like this.
  14. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Not so sure the Ferrari owner and or Ferrari enthusiast bit applies to everyone on fchat. Evidence doesn't support that. Sorry.

kandi likes this.
  15. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I think the overall consensus is that Evo ranking the Pista 6th is utter BS!

16. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Hard to argue that.

17. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    #92 IPO1, Jan 28, 2019
    Indeed.

I bet Pista is a beast. I know two 600LT owners and it's a ton of fun for them as well. Albeit completely different price points, so I would hope Pista is better. I cannot wait to see one in person and drive one.

I didn't write the EVO article. EVO did. They ranked 600LT #1 and Pista #6. I didn't.

Makes no difference to me as rankings in magazines I've always found a little silly. I buy what I like and draw my own conclusions.

xfrgtr, Gh21631 and SoCal to az like this.
  18. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Rankings are silly. It’s just some magazine trying to create controversy so people talk about it. Look at all the attention their review has gotten here.

This particular ranking makes no sense to me partly because of where they ranked cars but mostly what cars they included. How do you compare a Pista to a Fiesta.

Put aside the disscussion of what car is actually better. Let’s assume for a second that the Fiesta is actually a better car, that in some Bizzaro world performance wise and everything else the Fiesta betas the Pista in every category.

Do you really think a Ferrari owner is cross shopping a Ford? That someone who is considering getting a Pista and has the means to do so will read that magazine and say, you know what, I’ve changed my mind. I think I’ll buy a Ford Fiesta instead.

The whole premise of comparing those cars is laughable.

The 2rs, the 600lt, the Pista are more in the same league but even then, why put a 600 against a Pista. It’s almost double the price and I don’t care what you say, price point matters.

Regardless, the whole premise of EVOs comparison is silly.

Having said that, my buddy just picked up a 600 and it’s a very nice car. Much better than the 570 which I was not a fan of when I drove it. But 600, is get one for sure if I was in the market.

Gh21631 likes this.
  19. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    #94 ylshih, Jan 29, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
    The thread topic is the EVO article and rankings, it is not who is or is not allowed to discuss what, it is not prior bans, it is not what users are allowed to like, and it is especially not one user deciding they get to police or demean other users because they don't post to his taste.

IPO1 and Ash Patel, 14-day thread ban.

Shadowfax, 14-day site ban.

xfrgtr, Boomhauer and SoCal to az like this.
  20. theplanner

theplanner Karting

Jul 3, 2018
    In Australia the price pt between the pista, 2rs and 600lt are very similar. 600 May start at the lower number but comes with barely anything so if u spec it similar to a pista with all the exterior carbon, it is almost equivalent in price. 2rs on the other hand are costing more than a decently specced pista. So in Australia the 600lt is very poor value if specced similar to the P & F cars...and Pista is very relatively good value.

21. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Thank you Yin.
    The endless bickering across multiple threads is getting so tiresome it is almost becoming a deterrent to enjoying FChat.

anishka, Caeruleus11 and Boomhauer like this.
  22. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Wow that is a huge difference from the US. 600LT comes in about $300k, Pista $450k+, GT2RS about $400k depending on the mark up from the seller.

theplanner likes this.
  23. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    +1 Thank you Yin.
    Man I couldn't agree more. I can name at least a dozen EX-users of the site who have left because of such.

Gh21631 and Melvok like this.
  24. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Understood. So if Im doing a comparison, the 3 cars mentioned above would be in consideration. Not a freaking Fiesta or a VW.

theplanner and Gh21631 like this.
  25. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    The Evo comparison is really senseless but they did a good job screwing with people here. :)