Evo's Top 10 of the Decade | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Evo's Top 10 of the Decade

Discussion in '360/430' started by bobafett, Apr 2, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Whatever the results of their "tests" may be, I enjoy reading EVO and CAR. It seems that every magazine has the same "articles" or content worth of at the same time, so which do I prefer to read? The ones written in prose worth reading.

Compare "We curl round the autostrada, down the mountain pass which tumbles like meltwater to the valley below" with "we went up and down a mountain. really fast. it was fun" - C&D, R&T and their ilk make me feel like I'm in grade school. Oh, and the photography is pretty sweet. Hell, even the paper used is materially better.

No magazine will ever be anything less than subjective in this context, so take it for what it's worth and enjoy accordingly. It seems that our friends across the pond have a considerably better selection of rags to choose from.

--Dan

2. Koby

Koby Formula 3

Dec 14, 2003
    The Borough, NJ
    Full Name:
    Jason Kobies
    I find the US mags tend to spend far too much editorial space reviewing the raw numbers. This makes no sense to me, all of that info is printed on the next page, surely we can all read it from there, why waste space on repetition?

Many laud this approach because they claim it is more objective. I think that is missing the point because, a) test data, even dyno numbers are not absolute, but rather are relative to the test conditions, and b) what matters in driving, that being the driving experience, simply cannot be described in a numerical value. Therefore I want more than 30 words summerizing what matters most.

amenasce, you definitely dislike evo more than any other person I have encountered either on-line or in person. Just curious what you consider to be a good car mag?