SA - Excellent Experience with Garcia Brothers Upholstery in SA | FerrariChat

SA Excellent Experience with Garcia Brothers Upholstery in SA

Discussion in 'Texas' started by Bigilo, Nov 14, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bigilo

Bigilo Karting

Sep 28, 2013
    San Antonio, Texas
    I have owned my 360 Spider for about 6 years now, the thing that has always bothered me the most about the appearance of my car has been the convertible top material. Due to the elastics being worn the top folded incorrectly and wore little holes in the material on the rear buttresses of the top, a common problem with the 360/430 Spiders. I was recommended a shop in Houston that has experience with the 360/430 tops (Stitches Upholstery) but didn't want to drive or transport the car the 250 miles. I called a few places in town and no one wanted to touch a Ferrari convertible top. So I called Ferrari San Antonio and asked who they are using, they said Garcia Brothers Upholstery here in San Antonio.
    I called and scheduled two weeks out to get the car down to them for convertible top replacement. I purchased a GAHH top and took it and the car down this last Monday. The place is a little worrisome pulling into the driveway, it's basically his house. As I pulled in I saw a 430 Spider in his work area that he was finishing repairing a broken top cable on, so that lessened my concern somewhat. He said it would be Friday, but called me on Thursday morning and said he had finished early.
    The top fit is perfect and resembles the original almost exactly, the only thing I noticed is that the GAHH top has stitching around the rear window and the original top didn't. Other than that it is as close as I can tell to the original. The top has no wrinkles and the material meets up with the car without any lifting or uneven spacing at the top/body interface. The top goes up and down without any complications and fold how it should. I am very happy with the cost of labor(1100.00) and the quality of workmanship (as I know can be tricky with soft-tops) is excellent. So I just wanted to drop his name here on F-Chat for my other Central Texas Ferrarists. His phone number is (210) 633-2170 if you need any quality upholstery work done.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Mel Spillman likes this.
  2. Mel Spillman

Mel Spillman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2012
    Sugar Land, Tx
    Bigilo: Great review! Nice to see that you take the time to give Garcia Brothers credit for doing a good job.:)