430 - Exhaust Brackets cracking issue | FerrariChat

430 Exhaust Brackets cracking issue

Discussion in '360/430' started by whatheheck, Jul 18, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    I'm familiar with the exhaust brackets cracking issue on OE Exhaust Manifolds and OE exhaust cans due to metal expansion with no play factored in to the exhaust system during original design.

I now have AP headers and Kline exhaust.

My question is for the members here that has similar configuration as I do - is the exhaust brackets cracking no longer an issue with AP headers and Kline exhaust even though the same L brackets attached to the rear most part of the gearbox are used to support the exhaust system?

My OE exhaust brackets all looks good but I'm wondering if it the OE brackets or AP headers will crack too eventually as there's still no provisions factored in for metal expansions.

Thanks in advance.

Dan

2. RedTaxi

RedTaxi F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 1, 2012
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Glen
    The aftermarket headers would seem to be stronger and can handle the rigidity of the system. That does not make it right however. The lower OEM brackets will crack. Assuming your Kline utilises the OEM upper mount then simply remove the lower mounts as some of us have done with no ill effects. (and a little weight saving!)

whatheheck likes this.
  3. Tubi Sales

Tubi Sales Karting

Jul 5, 2019
    PHX
    I would have to agree. It seems like a lot of owners are going with that same route or purchasing a bracket kit that will remove some of the rigidity.

4. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

The day after i bought my car I just simply removed those brackets. 9k miles later no issues

dr_rob and whatheheck like this.