Exhaust bypass valve, Capristo - 355 | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Exhaust bypass valve, Capristo - 355

Discussion in '348/355' started by eulk328, Apr 4, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    #51 f355spider, May 19, 2010
    Last edited: May 19, 2010
    I have not yet installed the updated parts, but noticed that the Capristo valve uses some small toothed lock washers between the pedestal mount and the diaphragm on my existing unit apparently as a "stand off" for the diaphragm. In other words they are using these toothed washers to insulate, rather than a gasket material like the oem set up. I intend to get some more, and will put toothed washers on either side of the new heat shield/heat sink then install the new updated diaphragm on top. Or do you think the heat shield/sink would be more effective, it it sat directly on the pedestal mount?

I will skip using the insulating material I purchased. I didn't realize that the Capristo diaphragm did not sit directly on the pedestal mount. If you look at my previous photos, you can see the toothed washers I am talking about.

2. gothspeed

gothspeed F1 World Champ

May 26, 2006
    U.S.A.
    Full Name:
    goth
    Good idea :)

Yes, any time you can limit the 'contact area' ..... it will definitely slow thermal transfer :)

3. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    FYI, I just did this install and you don't need to relocate the new solenoid. It's a tight fit at an angle for the new solenoid, but you can just get the screw to hold this thing to the original bracket.