Exhaust Bypass Valves Disconnect | FerrariChat

Exhaust Bypass Valves Disconnect

Discussion in '360/430' started by 8202632, Jul 17, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 8202632

8202632 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 9, 2017
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    CDC
    OMG!!!! If you have NOT done this 5 minute mod, I highly recommend doing so. I have the factory racing exhaust on my 2004 360 Spider, and it's not like it sounded bad in stock fashion. But, I've been reading about this, and what a difference it makes. Pure nirvana!!! Back pressure, pops, loudness. The way it SHOULD be. The only thing that could possibly sound better is a V10 or V12 F1 car. Do it. You will NOT be disappointed! I've fallen in love all over again!!!!!!

2. Dr.Gee

Dr.Gee Karting

Mar 18, 2015
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Gee Monie
    How to links?

3. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Bypass disconnect is soooo millennium :)

These days you can adjust precise opening times by revs and percentage of throttle with my new Ferrari 360 Swiss Army Knife tool... Coming very soon :)

one4torque, MCASEY and Ghostdiver like this.
  4. Ghostdiver

Ghostdiver Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Full Name:
    Wally Hollar
    Trace the hoses back from the valves to the solenoids located on the outside (i.e. below the inside tail lights) of the frame rails. Disconnect the electrical connection to the solenoid or pull the vacuum line and plug it with the special Ferrari tool. In the absence of the Ferrari tool, a red golf tee will work. (Has to be red as any other color will result in rough running and SES light). Voila….instant neighbor offenders!

Sky Hye likes this.
  5. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    hmmm a very big discovery not....

6. Ghostdiver

Ghostdiver Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Full Name:
    Wally Hollar
    Come on now, it's only post 36 for him! We are all old veterans to this but just think back to the first day when you discovered the sun....or the beach....or snow. It's kinda like that!

and to 8202632, just remember, you've got to have pretty thick skin here along with a really good sense of humor. If you don't you might as well go over to the Audi or BMW boards....

On another note, 8202632, what is your car...F1 or stick? I think you should post about how great it is and how the other transmission is totally junk....

Sky Hye likes this.
  7. Sky Hye

Sky Hye Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 2, 2017
    SoCal
    Great find OP and love your enthusiasm. It was the first thing I did on my Scud and then a day later reversed it. The drone on the highway was unbearable.

I opted for the Forza Componenti valve controller which comes with a small remote that allows you to manually open and close the valves. I would look into that if you get drone.

I’ve since given it away to my friend since I’ve gone Race cats and S-Line straight pipes. But manually controlling the valves is such a nice option to have (when you have valves)

hazimaw and Ghostdiver like this.
  8. Ghostdiver

Ghostdiver Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Full Name:
    Wally Hollar
    I can second the Forza controller as well. Pulling the lines was the first thing I did as well, putting them back on kept my wife happy! Another thing, I don't know if it's been proven by anything more than the butt dyno, but there seems to be a pretty good loss of low end torque when running them open. Just something to think about

Sent from my SM-G955U using FerrariChat.com mobile app

hazimaw likes this.
  9. Sky Hye

Sky Hye Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 2, 2017
    SoCal
    Your butt dyno is well calibrated. It’s been proven but I chose to ignore it since the smile factor gains were much higher :D

Ghostdiver and 550nitis like this.
  10. Ghostdiver

Ghostdiver Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Full Name:
    Wally Hollar
    I agree....the smile factor (aka the intimidation factor) is very important too. Gotta admit though, when you first get on it and the valves are closed then they open up when you hit that magical rpm...it's almost as good as....well, lets not go there.

I've got the controller and I love to open the valves when I have a tailgater and I am not in a position to run....

Sky Hye likes this.
  11. Sky Hye

Sky Hye Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 2, 2017
    SoCal
    Haha good one. Pull both paddles and let em Have it. Same goes with straight pipes but it’s followed by flames. People learn pretty quickly. For some reason jerks love to creep up my butt while at a red light.

12. dang2407

dang2407 Karting

Apr 29, 2017
    SW France
    ran wires from a switch in the cabin to each connector, so that I could switch them on and off manually. The only thing you cant over-ride is having them closed when the ECU says open. But, usually I run them open and the closed setting is only to keep the neighbours happy on cold start, so it works well for me. View attachment 2602115 Image Unavailable, Please Login I

Sky Hye likes this.
  13. 8202632

8202632 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 9, 2017
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    CDC
    Thanks ghost! 6 speed manual. Appreciate the kind words!

14. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    #14 RedNeck, Oct 5, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
    Sky Hye likes this.
  15. Sky Hye

Sky Hye Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 2, 2017
    SoCal
    Ballsy. Mind telling me how much weight you saved? Every gram counts! I have no valves so I don’t need that system. What did you use to cap? I like your solution

16. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    I will have to check on that, I have an aftermarket exhaust, which is obviously a huge weight savings over stock, but you can get the vacuum caps and hose clamps at any auto parts store for a couple bucks. I have my exhaust pulled out right now so it was a good time to get rid of all the unused and open piping, not to mention the solenoids and ghetto hoses with the wood screws stuck in them.

Sky Hye likes this.