Exiting the Italiano post show with Ferrari | FerrariChat

Exiting the Italiano post show with Ferrari

Discussion in 'Events Discussion' started by Mirek, Aug 4, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mirek

Mirek Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 20, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Mirek
    Has anybody showed their car at the Italiano who can give me the 411 on what time we pull up stakes and depart from the show on that Sat with our Ferrari ?

I just hope it is smooth/orderly and not too late !

2. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    If you're referring to 2021 Concorso Italiano event during Monterey Car Week, it might be best to revisit their website for most accurate information, although this should've been made clear when you registered.

3. Mirek

Mirek Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 20, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Mirek
    First thing that I did was check the site (all over) and it is nowhere on there site.
    There was no specific exit instruction associated with registration either.

4. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    try to enter and exit thru the main parking lot and be careful of the golf cart curbs. the path is narrow and has chewed up some wide wheels(ie lambos).

Mirek likes this.
  5. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    As with pretty much any concours, they say you're supposed to stay until the awards are all handed out. But in all the years I've participated, some people start exiting well before. Maybe mostly people who didn't win anything or just trying to scramble off to the next event, or just trying to beat the inevitable mass exodus traffic.

Mirek likes this.
  6. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Mirek likes this.
  7. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    As someone who has had his car judged many times at Concorso Italiano, I can attest that it is annoying when people `sneak' out early. Post-judging is the best time to be able to get around the field and check out all the other cars since you can be tied up all morning and keeping pretty close to your car.

Rory J, Nembo1777 and TTR like this.
  8. Mirek

Mirek Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 20, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Mirek
    Thanks. I actually registered in 2020 and then covoid, I was informed my registration carried over so I did not think to check the reservation site. I also misspelled “their” so there is that. Anyway, it worked out that I didn’t so guys thanks for those insider tips, I guess 4pm is not too late.

9. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    Ferrari is starting their parade at 3:00 pm Saturday in Pebble, culminating at what they call Casa Ferrari. But that announcement was recent so CI couldn't anticipate that. Anyway the 75 parade cars all park at Casa Ferrari so you can see them for free (not counting fee to pass through Pebble Beach gate.) And good luck finding parking...

10. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    My goodness, don't you stay at The Lodge?

Marcel Massini

Rifledriver and TTR like this.
  11. dinoart

dinoart Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 30, 2004
    Westminster CA
    Full Name:
    David
    Just check the CI website it's $285 to enter a car and $50 for your Ferrari to be judged. That's $335 total. Holly smoke! Inflation? What's going on up there? Anyone signed up?

12. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    If you register soon after registration opens, it's only ~$150 or so. As time passes, they keep bumping the price. And it's not $285...

Italian Vehicle ($275.00)

13. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    What’s the problem ?
    That’s less than a one night in a cheap motel room (w/four night minimum) in the area during the car week or cost of fuel to drive to Monterey from Westminster and back. :rolleyes:

14. Thomas Magnum

Thomas Magnum F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2013
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I registered a couple weeks ago. $225.

15. dinoart

dinoart Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 30, 2004
    Westminster CA
    Full Name:
    David
    My bad. It's $275 + $50 total $325. I shouldn't be complaining since it's cheaper 1 night in a Motel 6 (was $400+ in 2019 Seaside). Just hate to lose 325 if they go belly up. Looks like they are going to have plenty of elbow spaces between cars.