Exotic Car wholesale | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Exotic Car wholesale

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by tifosi, Jan 19, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    GOOD MORNING TOM- MARTIN :)

2. tifosi

tifosi F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Sep 5, 2001
    texas
    Full Name:
    Tom D
    agreed Martin, many people use only use brokers, epsecially at the high end - the difference though is those brokers are very familiar with the cars they try to sell and in your case it is only a small part of your business.

My point, which I think I am hearing from others, is they are uncomfortable with high pressure and combine with little knowledge of cars they are trying to sell. It gives the perception that they are just trying to stick themselves in between to make a quick buck and are not interested in the details of the car nor the buyer they are trying to get a deal done with. This may not be the reality but perceptions are important.

Tom

3. tifosi

tifosi F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Sep 5, 2001
    texas
    Full Name:
    Tom D
    whats up brother bruce - how is the Mrs?

4. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    NOT TO GOOD BUDDY..........IM BRINGING HER TO THE SURGEON @ 9.00 TO HAVE HER STAPLES REMOVED FROM HER BACK...CONSTANT PAIN......PERCOCETS DONT EVEN WORK.........IM GOING TO THE BRONX FOR SOME CRACK.MAYBE THAT WILL HELP WITH THE PAIN

THANKS FOR ASKING !!!!!

BRUCE

5. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Bruce,
    give my best to her.

Tom,

"I know what you are thinking, and you are right" (Magnum PI)

6. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    Bruce, on a different note, hope your wife feels better soon!

7. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Amen to that - she'll feel better. I know I did after I had 70+ stitches taken out of various locations on my head. Doc said there was no dain bramage, though. :p

8. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    step 1-
    List the hottest cars for crazy low prices in a magazine like Autoweek each week.

step 2-
    Answer the phone "oh that car sold but give us $5,000 and we can get you a un-real deal just like that one!"

step 3-
    Once you have the $5,000 you have them trapped into paying your higher price so they can't go to the seller direct. Or you offer them a crappy car marked up high but still under market $$, to show that you do have great deals.

step 4-
    Build a showroom and inventory from all those $5,000k deposits you've milked with the questionable ads over the years.

step 5-
    Now that you don't work from an office anymore, and you have built a real car dealership with showroom and stock on the floor... go on the internet and try to repair your bad reputation.

9. FL 355

FL 355 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2002
    Ft Laud
    Full Name:
    Frank Lipinski
    Mark - Now that's funny!

This thread started in the Florida section under the Auto Toy Store.

From what I've read, it seems that ECW can resolve their bad rap on holding and requesting deposits one way... Take the deposit on a credit card. The credit card companies fight hard to protect consumer rights and will get the deposit back if the deal does not happen.

I'm not bashing ECW in any way but I have to wonder why they don't accept credit cards, as Vince of ECW stated in his post in the Florida thread.

I know as a business owner that before I could be a merchant that the bank ran financials on both, me and my company, before authorizing me to be a merchant and the results of those financials determined the max amount of $ they would authorize per transaction.

Just seems unusual for any business not to take credit cards. As to paying points, the card to be used to simply to secure the transaction until the client provided a check which would subsequently replace and void the credit card transaction.

10. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

FWIW..........

2 years ago I had a 1996 Twin Turbo in the DuPont Registry. This was when the US/CAD exchange rate was very much in your favor.

Someone named "Jason" called me from ECW.

He asked what he "could put the car in front of his customer for"......in other words "how much $$, as he wanted to BUY the car"..............I said my price was in the ad and if he wanted the car he could FedEx me a bank draft and a bill of sale and I would hold the car for the 24 hours in took for the FedEx to arrive.

Three days later he called and said he'd like fax me a contract and then send me a "company cheque" a couple of days after I sent the contract back........I declined and sold it to someone else locally.

When I assumed (correctly) that they were merely trying to tie the car up and broker it, I wanted nothing to do with them. This is not illegal.........but in my books it's unethical, unless you declare UPFRONT what you want to do and get my consent. I questioned him about his "buyer" and their story didn't line up..........like I said FWIW.

Regarding test drives and brokering cars, I agree with Martin here.

11. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Bruce, my prayers are with you & your family. God Bless.

12. benedict

benedict Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Ben
    2nd time, a buddy of mine wanted a red/tan 25th Anniversary Countach. They found a car, which they substantially marked up. We found out who really had the car, bypassed them, and the car turned out to be bomb.

I would never, ever deal with them.[/QUOTE]

Allan, some would disagree with your business practices. You locate a broker, ask him to find you a specific car which he does, you then do an end run around him and try to cut him out of his own deal. Real nice!

Ben

13. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Allan, some would disagree with your business practices. You locate a broker, ask him to find you a specific car which he does, you then do an end run around him and try to cut him out of his own deal. Real nice!

Ben[/QUOTE]

There was more to the deal than that. First off, they would not negotiate the price, they would not show us the car, nor tell us where it was. All they wanted was 5,000 to tie up the car. We had put the word out about looking for a car, and the original owner ended up contacting us.

14. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    sounds totally fair to me. they couldn't close the deal and lost out.

it's a VERY small community.

doody.