Exotic sightings... | FerrariChat

Exotic sightings...

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by krasnavian, Apr 30, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. krasnavian

krasnavian Formula 3

Dec 24, 2003
    Los Angeles/Paris
    I was just watching the great video that was posted here in another thread and I was reminded of the chance sightings I've experienced of exotic cars being driven on the streets of southern California. One of the first was a red 250GTO, which I was to possess years later, heading eastbound on Wilshire Blvd. Another was a British racing green Jaguar XKSS being driven by Steve McQueen along Sunset Blvd. Also on Sunset, I encountered a red 250LM speeding in the other direction. I witnessed another red 250LM, being driven by Sonny Bono, as he was cruising the Sunset Strip one afternoon. Twice, I've come across a pontoon fendered Testa Rossa--one on the 405 freeway, and another ten years later on Ventura Blvd. For a time, a Lola T70 coupe was something of a fixture on the Ventura Freeway. On Gower in Hollywood, I chanced upon a yellow P3 driven by its owner Paul Dean Martin.

These were all random sightings that anyone living in the area would have been privileged to witness. I haven't included any of the cars I've seen being driven as part of an event or by friends such as Matthew Ettinger who owned the famous Breadvan for a time, with whom I would caravan from place to place in the pursuit of happiness.

What exotic sightings have you experienced that now form a part of your automotive memory?

2. JusSumFastGi

JusSumFastGi Rookie

Dec 23, 2003
    When I was twenty with my new at the time "New hotness" C5 corvette, thinking I was the man with my girlfriend in the car with me, I was on I5 (Freeway) when a Diablo SV pulled up next to me. The owner looked over and honked, I took off and he just left me like I had the parking brake stuck on and missed the gas with my foot, lol!

I will always remember that, how funny it felt. ;)