Exotics Lost in Malibu/Calabasas? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Exotics Lost in Malibu/Calabasas?

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by bitzman, Nov 12, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lear60man

lear60man Formula 3

May 29, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Christian
    My home is 2 miles South of the flash point for the Woolsey Fire. Our property backs up to Rocketdyne and we called it in around 14:45. We are at the top of Bell Canyon. Our house was saved and the first thing I did was move the Ferrari off property.

This is my biggest advice as a wildfire survivor and an exotic car owner.....Buy an Ozone Generator. An Ozone Generator is a small device that every hotel operator uses to dissipate cigarette smoke smell from a hotel room. It produces Tri-Oxygen which bonds to the smoke molecule to produce oxygen. It will kill the smoke smell......period. They are banned for sale in California because they work. Bottom line, turn it on, leave the room (or car) and return in an hour or two.

Open windows and be happy. I had a family member drop ship one to our house. First line of defense was an air scrubber with three filters to grab the bigger particulates, then the Ozone Generator to clean up the smaller things. They run around about $300. Plus side is they kill mold.

2. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Can you please share the name or link of the ozone machine? We have a few cars that still smell from smoke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. JP Manor

JP Manor Karting

Mar 7, 2018
    Agoura Hills / Malibu
    Full Name:
    JP Manor
    They are not hard to get or rent in California. The state prefers licensed contractors to use them because of the high risk they pose to anything alive when they are on in a closed enviornment. In a smoke damaged envoirnment, its typicallly the last step you take after physical cleaning and and air scrubbing.

4. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    I bought one from Amazon (link below). Works great and I use it on my rental units to get rid of smells. The warning on the label definitely says to make sure no live animals or people should be in the room or nearby when its on.

https://www.amazon.com/Alpine-Air-Commercial-Ozone-Generator/dp/B079NCNTVY/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1543947563&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=ozone+generator&psc=1

5. lear60man

lear60man Formula 3

May 29, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Christian
    #30 lear60man, Dec 4, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2018

This is the exact unit my parents dropped shipped to us. Works like a charm. There were a lot of Amazon shippers who simply would not ship to a CA address, but my folks made a convincing argument....It was at our home in 36 hours. California really knows how to screw things up for people who can think for themselves.

https://www.odorfreemachines.com/suite-700/

There is a product at Bed Bath and Beyond called 'Zero Odor' that is a multi surface safe solution. We used a couple gallons of this product because it doesnt leave a fragrance to mask the odor. Use a spray bottle to dispense. Whatever was left I zapped with the Ozone Generator. Here is the warning....Ozone is not kind to electronics. In respect to cars, do the leg work with cleaning carpets/porous objects with the Zero Odor solution first, carpet cleaning, then use the Ozone Generator as a last resort.

Side note, I didnt use the Ozone Generator on the Fcar because It was evacuated properly. But I did do a fair amount of research while were were evacuated for 8 days. They are popular in the boat world and car owners will use them to rid cars of cigarette smoke and in cases of flood damage. I just want to make sure you know to try the conventional methods first.