EXOTICS ON MAIN- OPEN INVITE TO ALL | Page 13 | FerrariChat

EXOTICS ON MAIN- OPEN INVITE TO ALL

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by jts355, May 21, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    #301 GaryReed, Jan 18, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2009
    Originally Posted by GaryReed
    I'm up for doing one at Southcenter too! Plus there's already a "Cars-N-Coffee" meeting group that Kristopher, the "Winding Road" Meet-Up guy who posts on here, has been staging there.

http://www.meetup.com/the-winding-ro...endar/9359213/

It's at the Barnes & Noble store (huge parking lot) in Southcenter starting at 9AM this Sat. morning. There's a Starbucks in the store.
    John,

FYI- I have never met Kristopher and yesterday was the first Winding Road event that I have ever attended.

There are always two sides to a story and I'm in no position to judge.

I did have a good time yesterday with my Fcar friends, got to meet a lot of other nice people too and I plan on going to this event again.

2. m_later

m_later Karting

Mar 22, 2007
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    John

Completely agree on the 2 sides thing. In this situation I have some pretty close knowledge on it. K had a chance to respond, and was in many exchanges about the damages, but chose not to dispute any statements nor offer any compensation for the damages. My statement was that I'll avoid any events involving him. May be a nice guy but this situation took away any possible respect I had for him.

I'm glad that you all had a great time on a drive. If he wasn't involved then I'd be interesting in coming along.

3. ST&A

ST&A Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2007
    Lake Stevens
    Full Name:
    Sid Thayer
    Very Nice pic's I love the look of my vette.......
    I had such a great time hooking up with you all and meeting some new friends. I can not wait till the next one.

4. TommyJames

TommyJames Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2008
    I think what I enjoyed most was the group of us driving down and back. I like Exotics on Main as a staging area and a chance to hit the bakery before heading out. Southcenter as a destination is just so-so to me unless there are a lot of cars. I could see how it could easily end up attracting the wrong group and it turn into a mess. Ideally I'd like to be in a better environment such as RTC or U-Village. Still, if everyone prefers Southcenter, I'm more than happy to make the drive with others. Even though Christian and I found it a little cold with the top off the LP in the very damp cold air, it was worth it listening to the cars around us.

5. prohydro

prohydro Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Next time I'm wearing my hat and bigger jacket! But that was my favorite part as well, the sound of the cars was great. At one point I realized Tom and I had gone several miles without saying anything, both just listening to the Vette, Gallardo and 430's just moving around us (and the Murci's 12-cylinder song).

6. Apple Sauce

Apple Sauce Formula Junior

Jun 30, 2008
    Wide Open Throttle
    Full Name:
    Vic
    I truly had a great time with you guys this past week. I think it would be great to continue a run between coffee joints. Like Tom has suggested, staging it at the Belle Pastry at EoM and then moving to another venue as part of a cruise. I'm OK with SouthCenter, but it is not ideal for the same reasons Tom has already outlined.

The weather is another issue, one of the ideals about going to RTC or UVillage is the parking structure can offer some protection against wind and rain.
    I was up in Snoqualmie today driving around, but it got ugly around 4pm, we had 50 mph winds pushing us around. Yes, we have the weather to think about around the Puget Sound.

Vic in Seattle

7. Apple Sauce

Apple Sauce Formula Junior

Jun 30, 2008
    Wide Open Throttle
    Full Name:
    Vic
    Any thoughts about meeting tomorrow morning at EoM?
    I was out of town most of this week, I was told that the weather has been mostly heavy fog and overcast, but no rain.
    The weather is supposed to continue through at least through Saturday, —no rain.

I plan on being at EoM and then if you guys want to move as a group— down to Tukwila, 'center of the universe for Exotic Cars" ;-)

Tom, hope to see you there before you leave on your trip.

Vic in Seattle

8. BritBlaster

BritBlaster F1 Rookie

Jul 25, 2005
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I can't make tomorrow.

9. MordaloMVD

MordaloMVD F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2005
    WA
    Full Name:
    Michael von Ditter
    Anyone from the south end? Jim, John check your emails gents. :)

10. ST&A

ST&A Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2007
    Lake Stevens
    Full Name:
    Sid Thayer
    I will not be able to make it. I have to work on a electrical issue in one of my bedrooms. That Sucks, but needs to be done. So have have fun and i i hope to make it it next week if the weather is good.

11. prohydro

prohydro Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Who's going this weekend if it's nice? I have a friend with a Ford GT that wants to come--I showed him pictures of the run down to Southcenter and he was excited to come meet you all. But, was waiting to have him come out until a day when a group shows in Bellevue.

12. BritBlaster

BritBlaster F1 Rookie

Jul 25, 2005
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I'm planning on going as long as it's not sucky weather.

13. ST&A

ST&A Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2007
    Lake Stevens
    Full Name:
    Sid Thayer
    I plan on being there to keep Paul away from the Best pastries before i get to them. LOL

14. eric

eric Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2001
    Albion, CA
    I'll be there, weather or not.

15. BritBlaster

BritBlaster F1 Rookie

Jul 25, 2005
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Good luck with that!

Outstanding!

16. 2000 456M

2000 456M F1 World Champ

Sep 29, 2007
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Anyone going to the garages tour?

17. TommyJames

TommyJames Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2008
    It depends on the weather. We got a green light on RTC. Vic will post something soon with the specifics.

18. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    I will be going to tours, starts at 10am in Seattle...

19. prohydro

prohydro Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Excellent! Good job you guys.

20. Sophia

Sophia Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2003
    Dash Point/Federal W
    Full Name:
    Peter Barbin
    Yeah, I'm going, perhaps a bunch of us meet and get java at Borders South Center then north?? I've got perhaps a few coming from the west side of the sound in the am.

21. ST&A

ST&A Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2007
    Lake Stevens
    Full Name:
    Sid Thayer
    Very nice to all the individuals that were involved. Way to...............

22. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John

I think three cars so far from over here. What time you planning on meeting at Southcenter?

23. Sophia

Sophia Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2003
    Dash Point/Federal W
    Full Name:
    Peter Barbin
    I'll be there about 8:30 or so, warmin' up with some joe. PeterB. See ya there!

24. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Be good to see you again! We'll be there about then or a little earlier. I'm meeting Michael and Dave and heading over.