EXOTICS ON MAIN- OPEN INVITE TO ALL | Page 5 | FerrariChat

EXOTICS ON MAIN- OPEN INVITE TO ALL

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by jts355, May 21, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Nice pics again. I'm not even making an excuse this week ( I already did in the SOVREN thread ;) )

Eric, we must have missed each other at the races. Were you there Saturday?

2. Kevinwi

Kevinwi Karting

Nov 21, 2006
    What car do you drive, Eric? Based upon your comment, I think I'd like to meet you now.

3. eric

eric Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2001
    Albion, CA
    No, We were at the track all day Friday, and decided to come home and catch the last few activites here on the island. Got up extra early Saturday so we could check out the action on Main, then hit the road.

4. eric

eric Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2001
    Albion, CA
    We met, but I'm not all that memorable. We were the ones behind dave in the 12 cylinder VW/Audi/beast (you know, the one in front of the 10 cylinder VW/Audi).

5. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Not really, just a matter of priorities.

6. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    Originally Posted by eric
    Curious way to garner support: label those who might attend as lame.

Also funny that when I went to try to figure out who jts355 is, several of my "lame" friends had been the most recent prior visitors to his user profile page.

You're off to a pretty poor start, jts355. I feel far less than welcome to attend your little social gathering of the unlame.

Dana, I'd like to think Eric's comments were "tongue in cheek". :)

7. Kevinwi

Kevinwi Karting

Nov 21, 2006
    Eric,

This is what I was concerned would happen. It's important to choose your words very carefully on the chat threads since people can't tell if you're joking or being serious. The word "Lame," as a name for those that don't attend events, is dangerous. (ask Jason) :)

As a friendly suggestion, try to avoid that type of approach. :)

8. Kevinwi

Kevinwi Karting

Nov 21, 2006
    I met Jason (jts355) at the first Exotics on Main and he was very apologetic for his initial approach. He's a nice guy that simply got a bit too enthusiastic about his desire to meet and greet others with the same interests and vehicles. I'm certain that you'll never see Jason making that mistake again. :)

I'm also assuming that the same has occured with Eric.

9. prohydro

prohydro Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Christian
    I thought Saturday's gathering was good, although yes it was a small turnout. Some different stuff was there than I've seen before.

10. Jim Frentress

Jim Frentress Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2007
    Laguna Niguel, CA United States
    Full Name:
    James Frentress
    Lame, lame, lamity, lameness. As I recall, Jason's use of Lame has created a hugely popular Saturday morning F-event. Therefore, feel free to use lame extensively!

11. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    I like to think that too. I would have added a "smiley face" at the end of my comment but Eric hates those so I left it off.

12. Kevinwi

Kevinwi Karting

Nov 21, 2006
    Now I see why things like this happen.

13. eric

eric Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2001
    Albion, CA
    None needed, Dana. I knew you knew that my generally lame and non-directed lame comment about the hundreds of lame exotic owners who chose to lamely not attend on the day I chose to grace this lame event with my lame presence was actually directed soley at you, and that we didn't need any dam Lame smileys to communicate lamely as we often do.

How's that James? Lame enough? I couldn't think of how to use lame as a noun, as in " the lame lame lamely lamented the lameness of this thread"
    :0 :) :( :0 :) :( :0 :) :( :0 :) :( :0 :) :( :0 :) :( :0 :) :( :0 :) :( :0 :) :( :0 :) :( :0 :) :( :0 :) :( :0 :) :( :0 :) :( :0 :) :( :0 :) :( :0 :) :( :0 :) :( :0 :) :( :0 :) :( :0 :) :( :0 :) :( :0 :) :( :0 :) :( :0 :) :( :0 :) :( :0 :) :( :0 :) :( :0 :) :( :0 :) :( :0 :) :( :0 :) :( :0 :) :( :0 :) :( :0 :) :( :0 :) :( :0 :) :( :0 :) :( :0 :) :( :0 :) :( :0 :) :( :0 :) :( :0 :) :( :0 :) :( :0 :) :( :0 :) :( :0 :) :( :0 :) :( :0 :) :( :0 :) :( :0 :) :( :0 :) :( :0 :) :( :0 :) :( :0 :) :( :0 :) :( :0 :) :( :0 :) :( :0 :) :( :0 :) :( :0 :) :( :0 :) :( :0 :) :( :0 :) :( :0 :) :( :0 :) :( :0 :) :( :0 :) :( :0 :) :( :0 :) :( :0 :) :( :0 :) :( :0 :) :( :0 :) :( :0 :) :( :0 :) :( :0 :) :( :0 :) :( :0 :) :( :0 :) :( :0 :) :( :0 :) :(

Izzat better?

14. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Eric, regardless of intended or unintended "lameness" it was good to see you and Gwen! ;)

Dave

15. Kevinwi

Kevinwi Karting

Nov 21, 2006
    You've convinced me that I no longer want to attend the Exotics on Main. Calling other FChat members names is not what I expected or condone.

16. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
  17. Jim Frentress

Jim Frentress Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2007
    Laguna Niguel, CA United States
    Full Name:
    James Frentress
    Yes, I remember Almost Live's Lame List. I think the funny aspects of this thread remain as funny as that skit. Any seriousness taken from the thread should immediately be striken from memory. Kevin, bring out the FCar and I'll buy you a coffee at the next Exotics on Main. I haven't yet attended, but I'll make an effort to do so this Saturday.

18. MsGreta

MsGreta Rookie

May 31, 2008
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    Greta
    who is planning to come this weekend? Thought I might join you for a cup of coffee and some morning sunshine. Anyone of my usual suspects want to meet at the Newcastle Park and Ride - about 7am?

19. BritBlaster

BritBlaster F1 Rookie

Jul 25, 2005
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    The first EoM I miss, and Eric makes it. That is TOTALLY LAME!!!! ;)

I have no pathetic excuse for missing this Saturday, so I will be at the Newcastle P&R at 7am, hoping to meet other fellow LAME-OHs, not-yet-lame, or completely unlame (eg MsGreta)! :D :D

20. marksp

marksp Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2006
    Redmond, WA
    looking forward to Saturday! Cheers!

21. MsGreta

MsGreta Rookie

May 31, 2008
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    Greta
    you're sweet!

22. Razzer92

Razzer92 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2006
    I am driving to Portland, Oregon Saturday. Will be leaving from Vancouver at around 3/4 am in the morning. I will be driving threw Seattle down the middle of Washington. Can you give me the location, so i can search in google maps to see if its close to my root. The time is 7-9am right, and what is expected to be there this Saturday?

thanks.

23. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    http://maps.google.com/maps?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGIT,GGIT:2007-03,GGIT:en&q=main+street+and+102nd+ave+se+bellevue,+wa&um=1&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&resnum=1&ct=title

It is not an organized show, so it is a "surprise" as to who/what shows. Nice weather brings out more than a gray, damp day.

24. MsGreta

MsGreta Rookie

May 31, 2008
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    Greta
    Great to see everyone today - nice turnout. Paul, always fun shadowing you on a spirited drive down 405! Roy, thanks for letting me sit in the Nicholas Cage white Lambo - was the highlight of my day - such a cool car. Anyone take any pics? See you all again very soon.

25. FerrariWA

FerrariWA Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2004
    Seattle/London
    Full Name:
    Thomas Summerfield
    #125 FerrariWA, Jul 15, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017