Experience with the ferrari sport exhaust | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Experience with the ferrari sport exhaust

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by DropNGimme20s, Mar 24, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013
    100% and That’s why I got he x-pipe as the car was literally un-drivable, ones head would vibrate, mind you I had replaced cats and rear boxes....and as a result of my issue, my supplier will no longer sell rear boxes without the x-pipe...

2. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Well, I'm glad you fixed the exhaust problem in your F12. Was it the factory exhaust? I'm surprised it was as bad as you say. The stock F12 is actually a fairly quiet car and owners complain about that.

However, if your car had an "inappropriate" aftermarket system with high-flow cats. That situation can create an un-driveable car as resonance is amplified by the increased sound volume resulting from high-flow cats.

3. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013
    No, NR sport cats and Capristo rear boxes, and like I said, the x-pipe solved the issue completely.....same on 2 FF’s I’ve had

4. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Sorry, again I'm not sure what you mean.

Do you mean your F12 (and FFs) came with quality exhaust components: Novitec Rosso sport cats + Capristo mufflers but original H-pipe and no X-pipe, and in spite of this the combination was "undriveable"? You then replaced the H-pipe with an X-pipe fixed your problems?

5. scriber17

scriber17 Karting

Oct 30, 2008
    Manhattan, NYC
    Full Name:
    Tang
    Can you share which dealer you had this done at? My dealer wants double.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Bandit23

Bandit23 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 28, 2016
    Miami
    message sent :)

7. Marcopolo3382

Marcopolo3382 Karting

Sep 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    Marco Daniele
    Ever heard the armytrix exhaust? It is sick! YouTube the California exhaust.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

8. J A

J A Rookie

Jul 15, 2018
    Full Name:
    J A
    Hi thinking of putting the Ferrari sports exhaust on my California 30 do you know what it is made from ? Thanks

9. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Stainless.
    Get the Capristo. Cheaper, and better quality.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app