Expo Motors - Anyone Know them - 360 Purchase | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Expo Motors - Anyone Know them - 360 Purchase

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by rodsky, Dec 21, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. linbogi

linbogi Rookie

Feb 12, 2004
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Vincent Lin
    I am in the market for a pair of Daytona or Sport seats as long as they are Red/Black combined color, price is the issue. Thanks.

Vince

2. cohiba_man

cohiba_man Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2003
    Canada
    Full Name:
    John
    The power seats are probably popular because of the luxury cache, a $160,000 car with sliding seats? When I drove a Boxster S the other day I was shocked that the seats were manual, it made me think of the car as cheaper and less luxurious because thats a feature you equate with a saturn or Honda, and power seats with luxury and prestige.

3. jjuno

jjuno Rookie

May 5, 2007
    Hi guys,

I just wanted you to know that I was one of the smucks that purchased a car from Expo and I totally got screwed. They basically sell the cars that the other dealers can't/aren't able to sell. I've already seen other reports on the internet like mine, clean carfax, but later find out the car was in an accident, one poor guy's car from Expo had even underwater at one point.

I started legal action, but was told I have no case since I signed their document that says "as is". Basically they are selling cars that have had previous damage history but haven't been reported or been driven really hard. I have spent thousands of dollars fixing up my 355 that I bought from there last year. You name it, brakes, clutch, gearbox etc.. I even had bent rims.

They have a great Ebay rating because they won't let you leave the dealership until you "close your ebay transaction with them". They made me write my review before I had the car shipped and figured out that I had been screwed. Also, if you still want to deal with these guys, don't wire the money to them first. They tried to make me do this, contrary to Ebay rules. Aparently they do most of their business over ebay. Since they are located near a major port (Houston), they ship a lot of their cars over to Russia and Asia.

DON'T GET SCREWED LIKE ME...LEARN FROM AN IDIOT THAT BOUGHT FROM EXPO!

4. jjuno

jjuno Rookie

May 5, 2007
    Hi guys,

I just wanted you to know that I was one of the smucks that purchased a car from Expo and I totally got screwed. They basically sell the cars that the other dealers can't/aren't able to sell. I've already seen other reports on the internet like mine, clean carfax, but later find out the car was in an accident, one poor guy's car from Expo had even underwater at one point.

I started legal action, but was told I have no case since I signed their document that says "as is". Basically they are selling cars that have had previous damage history but haven't been reported or been driven really hard. I have spent thousands of dollars fixing up my 355 that I bought from there last year. You name it, brakes, clutch, gearbox etc.. I even had bent rims.

They have a great Ebay rating because they won't let you leave the dealership until you "close your ebay transaction with them". They made me write my review before I had the car shipped and figured out that I had been screwed. Also, if you still want to deal with these guys, don't wire the money to them first. They tried to make me do this, contrary to Ebay rules. Aparently they do most of their business over ebay. Since they are located near a major port (Houston), they ship a lot of their cars over to Russia and Asia.

DON'T GET SCREWED LIKE ME...LEARN FROM AN IDIOT THAT BOUGHT FROM EXPO!

5. realbogus

realbogus Rookie

May 5, 2007
    San Pedro, CA
    Full Name:
    Andy
    You have a bad lawyer. "As is" is based upon good faith. They didn't deal in good faith. You discovered problems later, and that's called fraud.

There was a gentleman who bought a Corvette ZR1 from VnC Corvettes in Phoenix a few years back... the car was a KNOWN lemon and he got burned bad. Several thousand dollars and a lawsuit later.... I don't remember the outcome.

I don't like the idea of dealing with any dealer in Houston. They get too damned many floods...

Also, power seats ain't all that great... they break, dammit! I have power seats in my 92 Vette, and both of them have broken. I suspect the $200 replacement cost is a lot lower than it is for a Ferrari. But judging from some of the repair issues, I suspect they are prone to expensive failure.

6. MurcieMurcie

MurcieMurcie F1 Rookie

Jan 31, 2004
    you should have staretd a new thread with a link to this thread for reference, not bump an old thread...sorry to hear of your problems with expo, you are just one of many:(

7. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    you didn't by a car because it had swirl marks and small scratches on the bumper? and they lowered the price? sounds fishy to me. swirl marks and small scratches can disappear for a few hundred dollars to the right detailer. silly.