458 - Extend yearly maintenance plan | FerrariChat

458 Extend yearly maintenance plan

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Glp, Jan 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Glp

Glp Rookie

Aug 26, 2016
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Grayson
    I was dropping off my 458 for service last week and was told my final “free” service was due soon. My service manager explained that I’d soon be able to purchase additional years of maintenance in advance, but they had not fully rolled out the new terms yet.

Is this anything others have been told?

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. 338Lapua

338Lapua Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2015
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Tony
    I have not heard of this but I still have another two years left on my 458 for the annual service. I know that the "Power Warranty" has been extended to 15 years but nothing regarding the annual service.

3. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    I think STeve from Boardwalk posted about this a few weeks ago - try looking up some of his recent posts

AClark likes this.
  4. Glp

Glp Rookie

Aug 26, 2016
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Grayson
  5. AClark

AClark Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    USA
    I actually signed up, it was a little more expensive than the traditional warranty would have been , but it included my eighth year service, the difference was a few hundred dollars more.

Don’t forget to ask about your renewal discount, I got an additional $375 off because I was renewing year to year !

A

6. DingDIng

DingDIng Rookie

Jul 16, 2008
    Houston tx
    Is this for additional years of maintenance or additional years of warranty?

7. docf

docf Formula 3

Sep 14, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary
    What is the 15 yr Power Train Warranty and how do you get it?

8. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    First step is taking the car to your nearest Ferrari Dealership.
    There will be an inspection form that needs to be completed and submitted to Ferrari.

S

9. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Please note with that particular warrantee leaks and seals in the Engine, DCT Gearbox, Power Transmission Unit, Suspension and Steering, Cooling System and Bodywork are NOT covered.

docf, SAFE4NOW and iloveferrari like this.
  10. docf

docf Formula 3

Sep 14, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary
    What is the fee. My 15 just came off the new car warranty. All services up to date. Is this 15 yr warranty of power train something new?

11. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Read the above post …. no gearbox issues are ever covered …. :(

docf likes this.
  12. AClark

AClark Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    USA
    As to not get the wrong information online, I’d suggest calling your Dealership to confirm coverages.

My understanding was that powertrain components are covered. Fluid leaks ( seals and gaskets are not )

A

docf likes this.
  13. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Regarding the original post, "maintenance" is pretty basic so it would need to be very cheap to justify paying in advance for it. It will be very easy to assess though because maintenance is completely predictible (unlike warranty for which you cannot know what will happen and what costs will be avoided by having the warranty).
    The maintenance covers oil changes and basic regular operations (e.g. periodic filters and spark plug replacements) so that depending on your mileage you could know in advance what the cost will be to you; you just compare with the maintenance extension cost and then know what is the best value.
    If you are offered to have maintenance for a fixed fee, it's probably a good value if you need more than one maintenance per year (because of your mileage) and probably bad value if you only need one yearly maintenance.