Extended Warranties? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Extended Warranties?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by DJ4200GT, Apr 28, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 4i2fly

4i2fly Formula 3

Apr 16, 2004
    SF, Bay Area
    I just tried viewing it through my subscribed thread and I was not given permission...I am surprised that Rob would do such a thing, there must be a mistake.

Edit: I have a copy of the entire transcript in pdf which will be become useful in the near future.

2. frefan

frefan F1 Veteran

Apr 21, 2004
    Sounds like lawyer$ are getting involved??

3. JPF

JPF Formula Junior

Sep 11, 2003
    NY
    Full Name:
    Joshua
    I noticed that too, and then this thread came up and I was all, like, "uh oh, here we go again".

:)

4. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

It looks like the Napolis poll got axed too. Last I read it was 45 - 2 against using those clowns.

5. Sportscarnut

Sportscarnut Formula Junior

Sep 12, 2005
    Yup, I was wondering what happened to them as well.

Wow, what a great thread, thanks so much everyone for the warning and heads up on the warranty issues.

Sounds like frefan has the right idea, bank the money you would otherwise spend on extended warranties and use it on repairs as they’re needed.

6. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    I had a 100k mile extended warranty on my M5 with Warrantech. I only had two claims with them after the factory 50k warranty expired and they pay one with no problem whatsoever. They denied the second claim and I had to sue them in Magistrate Court and they then paid it to avoid going to court. It ended up costing me more than it was worth, although if I had had a major drivetrain problem it woukd have been worth it.

7. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Well, my take on it over the years is that Ferrari does not always cover things 'under warranty' so why buy their extended warranty? Add to that other companies do not seem to adhere to honoring their warranty.

Look, even the victims of the recent hurricane in southern USA the insurance guys are balking. Save your funds and avoid buying a warranty is my advice. Your car insurance may have a 'loss of use' clause anyway and you might be able to make a claim. But getting the insurance to pay is another matter. Look at all the problems folks are having here. It is FAR AND AWAY LEANING TOWARDS YOU GETTING THE SHAFT!

Besides, insurance is like gambling... except 'The House' changes the rules in the middle of the 'game' for their own benefit. Face it, they are not in business to LOSE money now are they?

Screw the insurance scheisters! Other than total loss coverage, you may be wasting your $$$.