F8 - Extended Warranty options and pricing | Page 5 | FerrariChat

F8 Extended Warranty options and pricing

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by MalibuGuy, May 12, 2023.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Mate you bought a second hand car and you paid for 2 years extended full factory warrantee. FULL STOP. You DID NOT get jibbed. Anyone that is saying that they paid half for the full wfactory warrantee i.e 2 years for the price of one is either smoking something OR there was enough margin in the sale that the salesman just used it as an incentive to buy the second hand car. THATS IT.

mkraft3003 likes this.
  2. 05F430F1

05F430F1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2005
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida
    Full Name:
    Todd
    UGH-- Mandalay you are simply incorrect in way TOO many spots in your last few posts for me to dissect... warranties just don't work the way you're 'accusing' here in the states-- they can't be added into the price or having salesman saying one thing and doing another or to take some profit of it and apply it somewhere else and all that crap... anyway, what Ive typed previously is correct and the way it is.

It's real simple- full factory CPO extension is one thing and power warranties are another- regardless of which it is, In Florida, the price is the same for every single person who buys it. 100% every time. the COST of that warranty remains the same across all states and the unregulated states that don't define a service contract as an insurance, sell it for different numbers. That's it and that's all.

But yes, Mandalay, you are correct that CPO factory extensions and power warranties are vastly different.... to the point where one is nearly impossible to justify and the other is an absolute great deal and a must.

3. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Dont care whats so ever as here in the states,. Its Ferrari.

Fact Full factory warrantee is different to Power Warrantee. BOTH ARE PURCHASED however and also can be included in a deal to get the deal ( second hand car ) over the line.

I dare you to say that isnt true.

Tell me Todd, what is the position you are in , spell it out.

Prove to me that the CPO is full factory warranttee. Then show me someone ONLY paying for a single year FULL FACTORY warrantee and getting 2 years when they had original bought the Ferrari brand new.

I am not arguing price what so ever. So what its dearer in one state or another.

The point of the thread , for some reason , you are not getting it is the concept of getting 2 years for one year. Pricing in different states has only confused the thread.

4. 05F430F1

05F430F1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2005
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida
    Full Name:
    Todd

5. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

No issue with you . I asked whats your deal on your Ferrari.

Your experience , noted , good on ya well done. The point being is that no one would get a 2 for 1 deal for full factory warrantee. NO ONE, so any one claiming such a thing is wrong.

The thread has been derailed because someone said they did.

I have seen power warrantee 2 for 1 but that was to get the deal over the line as you have stated.

So an individual here is upset that they paid for 2 years and believes he should only have paid for one.

Then you stated

The first 2 year extension is $5995 for BOTH YEARS. Total plus tax. Giving you two years beyond the end of the factory warranty date for a total of 5. It is regulated in Florida at $5995. (Dealer cost of $4900)I paid $6900 because I bought from a NY dealer and they can mark it up and I negotiated."

This is absolutely not true. Well certainly not for FULL FACTORY WARRANTEE . Thats why I have posted to stop misinformation.

This why the whole thread is confusing.

This line is interesting

a CPO or ANY other warranty may NOT be included in the PRICE here

All that needs to be done is lower the price of the car by the same amount. 2+2=4 so does 1+3.

6. 05F430F1

05F430F1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2005
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida
    Full Name:
    Todd
    Oh lol… ‘what’s your deal?’ Is a phrase here that means ‘what’s your problem?’ Haaha so that’s how I took it… oops.

And yes, my deal is exactly as you quoted. I just called Ferrari again and confirmed it is FULL FACTORY CPO EXTENSION and covers everything the factory warranty covers including turbos.

And yes I agree about the two for one thing. I’ll say one more time that I’ve never heard of it.

And yes about decreasing sales price in negotiation to be able to accommodate warranty or any other ‘extras’. Just not ‘included’ in the sales price. As in my written example

Included in the ‘out the door price’, sure, I guess you can word it that way. But not in the sales price.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

MANDALAY likes this.
  7. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    For the Ferrari to qualify as a true CPO Car it needs to come with at least 2 years of a Ferrari-backed warranty. It can be a combination of the remainder of the factory warranty plus Power or just 2 years of Power. The key is the warranty time must be 2 years or more. I hope that helps.

MANDALAY, SAFE4NOW and mkraft3003 like this.
  8. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    Tom, is there a set pricing for the 1 and 2 year extended warranty? This may help with all of the speculation. Thanks.

9. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    05F430F1

Do you currently work for Ferrari or Ferrari franchise Dealership? Or when was the last time you did?

S

10. 05F430F1

05F430F1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2005
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida
    Full Name:
    Todd
    No bud.. I don’t work for Ferrari dealer.. I almost did 3 separate times (had conversations with my local store and we kinda planned on doing it) but I was too lazy to leave where I was at and start somewhere new lol….

11. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Aussie buddy , sorry :) All good.

12. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Easy question , Car is out of Warrantee CPO is given and as per your reply 2 years must be given , I clearly see 2 years FULL FACTORY warrantee not included in your response. Would 2 years full warrantee ever be offered given the car has passed its 3 years factory ?

I have never seen it only the power and frankly I am disgusted that Ferrari wont cover the Turbo given most of its cars will be turbocharged..

13. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    If I may answer for Tom:

1. Warranty extension may be added as long as the vehicle has the 4th and/or 5th year warranty extension still active. 1 day out and Power15 is the only option. The 2 for 1 promotion may also apply.
    2. You keep stating as fact that a turbo failure is never covered under Power15 coverage, when in fact I have personally witnessed warranty replacement when a turbo has failed.
    NOTE: When a car came in with obvious aftermarket hardware and software, replacement was not covered under warranty.

S

bennyb, mdrums and 05F430F1 like this.
  14. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    "CPO" is a descriptive term and in and of itself is NOT a warranty

CPO translates to Certified Pre Owned and refers to when a Ferrari has met specific criteria as outlined by Ferrari SpA
    which in turn allows a Dealership to offer one of the available warranty extensions or Power warranty options
    As of today, Ferrari still has a 2 for 1 promotion, where a buyer will pay for 1 year of warranty extension or power15 and get 2 years total coverage.

Years 1 - 3 Factory Warranty
    Years 4-5-6-7 Warranty Extension available
    Years 4-5-6-7 If warranty extension has not previously been purchased or lapsed, then Power15 is available
    Years 8+ Power15 or Main Power15

S

mdrums, AD211 and 05F430F1 like this.
  15. 05F430F1

05F430F1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2005
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida
    Full Name:
    Todd
  16. JSwan724

JSwan724 Rookie

Jun 1, 2023

Do you have or can uou direct me to an official Ferrari source and pricing?

Thanks

17. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Turbo replaced under Power 15 ?

Can you please POST the part of the document that supports this claim. There is no such warrantee.

So as NOT to confuse anyone here Ild think it would be more responsible to state why it was changed, and NOT under the Power 15 extension.

18. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

I fully respect your input BUT please do not confuse people on this forum.

Joe Dilecce <[email protected]>
    To:
    • You
    Cc:
    • Mario Scerri;
    • Paul Cruse
    Thu 6/04/2023 11:55 AM

Good Angelo

Hope all is well.

The warranty on your vehicle expires on 13/07/2023.

You currently have the 4th & 5th year warranty full cover as per the first 3 years.

Ferrari now allow extended full cover 6th & 7th year.

Also, I can confirm the turbos are not covered under the Power 15 warranty limited warranty cover.

Note if you wish to carry out either warranty cover we need to do it before the 13/07/2023.

We will need to inspect the vehicle we can do this when you come in for the free service.

Which we can perform it any time after 20/04/2023 as the free service window opens then.

Note there has been a price increase from the factory.

6th & 7th year full cover is now $15,180.00 2 years Works out $7,590.00 per year.

Power 15 limited cover is now $5720.00 1 year.

I would recommend the full warranty.

The above is in AUD 0.65

6th & 7th year full cover is now $9,867 2 years Works out $4,933.5 per year.

Power 15 limited cover is now $3,718 1 year.

With regards to these extensions is quite obvious that you are being charged much more than us.

mdrums likes this.
  19. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    So that I am clear, what document are you referring to, that you are asking me to provide?

Maybe there is a difference in coverage between Ferrari North America and Ferrari Australia…. I mean the pricing is different, it’s possible coverage is as well.

I can assure you and others in this tread, I am not the one confusing anything.

To be clear, I am a Service Director and have been working with Ferrari for over 12 years. I’ve been offering & administering hundreds ( per year ) of Ferrari backed warranty extensions & power warranty products since the beginning of the program. The program changes often, its difficult to keep up, which is why I do my best to double check what I post.

Members can chose whom to believe on their own, I provide factual up to date information based upon my own personal experience working with dozens of Ferrari on a daily basis.

Could I be wrong, yes I have been, but not in this case.

Steve

20. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know

I’m not sure who the people are in your attached email, but I am assuming one or each of them work with or represent Ferrari in one way or the other.

Following your lead, I could send myself an email and it would hold as much value as what you posted, right?

Again, I’m not the one confusing anything in this thread.

I am offering counter points to owners sharing their personal opinion and/or real world experiences.

I’m here to help, even if what I share is counter main stream opinion

Steve

JSwan724, mdrums and 05F430F1 like this.
  21. 05F430F1

05F430F1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2005
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida
    Full Name:
    Todd
    And SAFE4NOW is 100% correct.

Only other detail is the 6th and 7th year full factory extension is fairly new— I think within the past year actually (maybe 2)— previous to that change m, you could only do the 2 extension once.

But as he said, programs change frequently as they do with all the brands I’ve worked with as well.

mdrums likes this.
  22. JSwan724

JSwan724 Rookie

Jun 1, 2023
    SAFE4NOW:

I answered your offer in the Conversations section.

Regards

23. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    I will assume an actual, executed, agreement will suffice as proof, that way one does not have to take my word for it, please see attached:
    ( This is a FNA agreement )

S

Attached Files:

mdrums and 05F430F1 like this.
  24. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Ferrari service manager where I bought my 488GTB

25. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

I will forward your attachment to my dealer and await their reply. IF THIS IS a N.American thing so be it and ill concede that I made a mistake to assume that N.America would have the same warrantee as Australia.

Seems weird if they were different as they are the same car,.