Extended Warranty question | FerrariChat

Extended Warranty question

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by henryenzo, Jun 27, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. henryenzo

henryenzo Karting

Jan 16, 2012
    When I bought my Pista (I did not order it-bought off floor) I paid for the extended 2 year warranty was is very important to me. For some reason it was rejected due to a glitch in the Ferrari system having to with the car being so new. My dealer is straightening it out. Anyone else ever heard of this? Thanks

2. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I have not heard of this but as long as the car is under warranty you can extend it.

However, these cars are fairly bulletproof. They’re was quite an extended discussion a few months back about really not needing the extended warranty. I’d save the money.

3. henryenzo

henryenzo Karting

Jan 16, 2012
    already paid and wanted, but thanks

4. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Did you get Full Factory 2 year extension or the power warranty ?

5. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    A new Ferrari has 3-year bumper-bumper. Pista just came out so if you added two years make sure it starts after year 3 is up and goes through year 5. The Power warranties come after the first 3 and then 2-year extension. I think you can also opt for a Power type warranty after year 2 as well. By the way, for a 12-cylinder the dealership will attempt to charge $13,200 for the 2 year bumper-bumper extension which is something like twice or so the cost of the 8-cylinder. Good luck with your Pista and hope you are thrilled with it.