Exterior Carbon for the SF90 | FerrariChat

Exterior Carbon for the SF90

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by phanliu, Sep 6, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. phanliu

phanliu Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2015
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Noel
    How extensive would you guys go with exterior carbon options for an AF pack?

I’m worried no lifter and vulnerable areas getting hit like the front, sides and the diffuser.

Just wanted some input from guys that have the AF pack and carbon all over.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

2. Xrayv8

Xrayv8 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 18, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Xray
    When it comes to Carbon on the outside, it's an ALL or nothing choice. If you skip, then looks like you ran out of money. Personally, I just saw a non-AF at my dealer with zero carbon and actually liked the way it looked to me so I'm not doing not CF on the outside. Living in NJ, I need a lifter so that make it an easy choice to go without AF. So far, our dealership has had only a few AF models ordered mainly because of our geography plus as is the SF90 is a beast to me and I'll be plenty happy with the "standard" version.

D11 and phanliu like this.
  3. j09333

j09333 Formula 3

May 7, 2004
    You can fix it or change it if you are not planning to keep the car over 10 years when at that point there will be no service parts around at the shop unless asked with money bag.

Carbon is not meant to be fixed or repaired but replaced. Now a days, shops developed skills to fix carbon but usually when something happens carbon tends to be torn apart and hard to fix.

Do everything if you go for AF. Do nothing if you go for normal. That is what I do.

4. Rrr1

Rrr1 Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2018
    Full Name:
    Rrr1
    Solid advice. I went af and carbon all around. But if I Didn’t do the af then would have shed all that cost

5. phanliu

phanliu Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2015
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Noel
    Solid advice!

6. j09333

j09333 Formula 3

May 7, 2004
    350MH83 likes this.
  7. Rrr1

Rrr1 Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2018
    Full Name:
    Rrr1
    oof was this your sf

8. j09333

j09333 Formula 3

May 7, 2004
    Pista spider. Not a biggy though but this was the first time I have experienced how carbon reacts when it happens.