f car newb... picking up 360 modena this weekend | FerrariChat

f car newb... picking up 360 modena this weekend

Discussion in '360/430' started by one4torque, Jun 3, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Just a quick hello before I pick up my 1st f car this weekend.
    I was completely satisfied with amg product until (on a whim) I rented a 458 italia for a few laps @ MSR Angelton...... and I have not been the same since that drive.

While I don't have the cash put away to buy a 458.... I found a 360 modena mt car.. that I think I can't live without...... so I'm going to inspect her this weekend, and will probably be coming home with a new toy.

I look forward to joining this community and learning about his new platform for me, participating in rides, and some DE's, and doing some main my self. I'll soon have a lift in my shop for routine main items, oil chg, brake service..... possible belt service (once I see the extent/tools required).

I'll post up pics when (if) I buy this one.

She's a 2001 6spd with <20k miles in the maroon color, daytona seats, no shields, and the challenge rear grille. Getting ppi next week, if all checks out, then 280 mile road trip to get my new toy.

Cheers, Jeff San Antonio

anunakki, RossoC360, espvh and 5 others like this.
  2. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    We’ll be waiting to hear the outcome. Another Ferrari in texas is always welcome. Join the Ferrari club, San Antonio has an active chapter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

3. Bigilo

Bigilo Karting

Sep 28, 2013
    San Antonio, Texas
    Nice! San Antonio is the perfect town for getting out to the hill country on a weekend morning. Also a great Ferrari owners club with excellent service and support locally available. Congrats on a great car decision!

4. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    bob in Tejas - Thx for the welcome. Each new marque members, club is fun and new for me....... I've done the mustang thing (in college), z06 after college, AMG events driving academy, the bimmer, and now F car. I really can't sleep to well as next sat drive to dallas get's closer... to see her for the 1st time in person...... like an on-line romance-come-to-1st real-date :) Will look up the local F car chapter.... I WILL want the skinny on places for service, and perhaps an exhaust mod......

Bigilo - thx sir, I also have an old E36 m3 5spd which is a blast in hill country here. I get up early on sunday.... and take the long way for coffee just about every weekend or chance I get. I have visions of rowing the gated shifter up/down whilst v8 in full song.... through the hills.....

PPI is Tues, if all good, then road-trip to Dallas Saturday. Fingers crossed she's get's a good bill of health!...

5. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I am glad to hear you liked the 458, but the 360 is a very, very different car. Have you driven one? I did not see that you had mentioned whether you had. When you say AMG product, I think lots of torque and low end grunt. When I think 360 (I am 3 of them), I think exactly the opposite.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  6. andy308

andy308 Formula 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Congrats and welcome, now we need pics!

7. hessank

hessank Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2005
    Canada, Florida
    Full Name:
    Fred
    The excitement of getting your first F car never changes.
    Congrats and welcome also.

8. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Car Nut - No never driven a 360. Only f car was a 458 italia for 3 laps @ MSR Angelton...... got to pass a GTR on lap two after instructor saw I knew what I was doing. After that moment I was hooked on the entire f-car "thing". I know the 360 will not be the same as the 458 or my amg's........ but that is OK... at the same time I started to play with a very used E36 M3 5spd car........ and I found I really really REALLY enjoy the driver experience of shifting, and working a high rev n/a motor to go fast!

Andy - thx for the welcome... 1 pic below. PPI moved to thurs... so not mine yet until I see all is good with PPI.

hessank - I have not been able to concentrate fully or sleep the entire night since I got serious about this car last week.... and the misses gave me the nod ;).......

1 pic below..... more to follow once I get my paws on Francesca'.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    This car has been in Addison TX I believe. It looks brilliant. Hope it all checks out well on the PPI.

10. timwu12

timwu12 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2014
    TX
    Francesca seems to be a VERY popular name for Ferrari owners but in any case, love the cuoio interior and the daytona seats. Good luck on the PPI

11. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Crin-thx for the well wishes. Ppi is just a good nego tool, And im not here to vet bid/ask market. Just sharing f newbieness w you guys!

Tim- thx this combo really talks to me,...

Cant sleep... def a car enthusiast high im on at the moment.

12. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Talked to ferr of san ant today, super nice sa there.... will be bring her in for a local once over, and to meet the local f car support network.

13. 8202632

8202632 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 9, 2017
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    CDC
    Good luck. Pretty car!

14. 550nitis

550nitis Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2016
    Houston
    The color combo is simply gorgeous. Very happy for you! Congrats on the new ride!

15. andy308

andy308 Formula 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Andy
    That looks like Rosso Fiorano, gorgeous. I may be slightly biased but I also have a 360 in Rosso Fiorano that is a manual. That is a rare horse indeed, congrats!

Make sure you have the red key fob also.

16. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    82xxx.... thx bud! I'm too happy.... wife told me to stop smiling all the time.
    550 - I feel the same way...…. LOVE this combo.... and not fcar red (no offense.... but I'm almost 50.... and don't need the bling)
    andy - thx for the naming help...… wonder how many examples made in that year, color, Daytona seats, challenge grill, and mt?

17. jtc360spider

jtc360spider Rookie

May 5, 2017
    Colleyville, Tx
    Full Name:
    James
    Congratulations on the 360. I bought mine a year ago and still am smiling.

18. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    I love that color. It was one of my top choices when looking for my 360. Also a "little older" dude myself but even still never was a "fire engine red" guy. After owning a handful of 911s through the years I decided to trade in my last one on my 360-- my first Ferrari (and probably my last cuz I love it so much!)

This August will be a year with my 360. I absolutely love the car. I thought I would miss my 911.
    NOPE!

I do not ever plan on selling it. Ever.

Congrats. Take lots of pics when you first get it. Then drive the hell out of it!

19. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    JT - good to hear. this car really ticks the boxes for me.
    kc - who you calling old - :)… jk. every decade get's better for me.... more fun more toys..... was set on a 911, then got over it...… now into high winding n/a cars....also have an old e36 m3 stick car for auto-cross and track days...… just can't beat a man car for the track..... can't wait for that soundtrack.

ppi going down thurs, drive to dallas sat wee AM...… will be waiting at the place before they open with hot coffee and $ in hand...…. to meet her ;)

20. espvh

espvh Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2005
    NEW YORK!
    Good luck, I hope you get it, we would be 6 speed manual 360 Modena Rosso Fiorano brothers LOL! Maybe you could get a more accurate production number, best I got was "a handful". :)

SoftwareDrone and jtc360spider like this.
  21. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Esp/- That is soo fine! Killing me to wait. Have to compare build sheets.

mdoc3 and espvh like this.
  22. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Btw—- thx for the warm welcome for this f car noob. Promise no threads from me about apparel or flowmasters...:)

espvh and JerseyBland like this.
  23. JerseyBland

JerseyBland Karting

Apr 29, 2018
    Chandler AZ
    Full Name:
    Scott B
    Congrats on joining the Fcar family! That is a gorgeous color, hope Saturday is all you are hoping for :)

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

24. andy308

andy308 Formula 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Andy
    one4torque, rumen1 and espvh like this.
  25. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018