F-Chat Boxer Concourse 2006 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

F-Chat Boxer Concourse 2006

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Dopplemax, Jan 11, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Cavallino Magazine does have a newsletter that is flat 12 specific.

Also, if there is any interest I would volunteer to organize an event in south Florida for 2007. There is so much going on around here starting in late January on through February and March, that your trips would be multi-purpose. Even your spouses would be happy. My thought is that the weekend before or after Cavallino would be the best. Any takers?

2. Dopplemax

Dopplemax Formula 3

Thanks for the offer! I agree, Flat-12 and Otto are both both great newsletters, I was thinking of more like a social connection, group buys, casual conversation type of electronic letter thing.

Regards,

DMAX

3. 330GT2+2

330GT2+2 Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2005
    Texas
    Full Name:
    330gt2+2
    Sound great Ron! I'm in...BTW, appreciate all your help with my recent purchase..When my boxer grows up, it wants to have a suspension like yours..like the lowered look...nice to see the tires fill out the wells..

4. 5speed

5speed Rookie

Mar 8, 2004
    I would be very interested in a meeting after the FCA 2006 meet. I cannot make it to the FCA meet until Wednesday night. I plan to enter my 512 BBi in the FCA Concour. Sounds like fun

5. Dopplemax

Dopplemax Formula 3

January 18, 2006 Concourse Attendance Tally

YES - 5

MAYBE - 2

DMAX

6. JOEL D.

JOEL D. Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    Joel DeLuca
    Put me down for a maybe. I am planning on attending the FCA meet, just unsure if I will be able to extend stay.

7. Dopplemax

Dopplemax Formula 3

Got you Joel. If we get this done it will be either a day before or after FCA or on one of the FCA days, just not during the event hours.

DMAX

8. Dopplemax

Dopplemax Formula 3

YES - 5

MAYBE - 3

DMAX

9. UnVinRougeSVP

UnVinRougeSVP Karting

Jan 27, 2004
    Southeastern PA
    Full Name:
    Ted
    Sounds fun - I should have it back together from the rear suspension rebuild project by then, so count me in.

10. Dopplemax

Dopplemax Formula 3

You got it!

DMAX

11. Dopplemax

Dopplemax Formula 3

YES - 6

Maybe - 3

We're almost half way to a done deal!

DMAX

12. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Love the idea of getting the Boxer clan together. Personaly wouldnt travel any distance for a concours. Would travel far to go for a great drive. Maybee someone in Texas can organise a few day run through the hill country.

Closer to home I will organise a drive this summer in NW Ct

13. Dopplemax

Dopplemax Formula 3

We can coordinate anything, a drive and concourse are both possible. Any ideas are welcome!

DMAX

14. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    I just spent the last four days breathing Ferrari fumes. Three days at the Cavallino (see discussion section -Cavallino 2006 for my photos), and yesterday at the Palm Beach Concours/Goodings Auction.

There were only four street Boxers in the Cavallino. No Boxers were at speed during the two track days.

As an option to a gathering concurrently to the FCA Nationals, I really think we should all consider a Boxer meeting concurrently with the 2007 Cavallino. As I live in the area, I would volunteer to coordinate hotel rooms, safe storage for cars/trailers/trucks, evening socials, etc. But we would need to start the plans no later than May, as January/February in south Florida is packed with activities and events. And I would need firm committements.

Your input?

15. 330GT2+2

330GT2+2 Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2005
    Texas
    Full Name:
    330gt2+2
    I'm in, Ron...as I said in the PM...think I might enter the 330 in some class?
    not sure which one..you might know best...and would also like to bring the BBi as well. Your opinion would be helpful..I'm sure we could fill a transport from Texas. Did you take your Boxer?

16. Dopplemax

Dopplemax Formula 3

As we discussed previousley, I think a two event per year shedule, possibky one east coast one west coast, would be a great long term idea. I'd hate to see us go all the way until next January to have our first event, but if the consensus is there, maybe we look at a west coast event for sometime this year and then the Cavallino for the first of two for next year?

If there isn't enough organized interest in the FCA idea for this spring, I'll probabaly just organize a smaller drive/dinner thing for those folks already coming to FCA with their Boxers to include those that have already said they would come.

That said, I would be interested in participating in a Cavallino timed event for 2007.

DMAX

17. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Hey Frank, I did not drive the Boxer to any of the weekend events. I wasn't sure about Saturday's parking situation, and I did not want to worry about my car. What I did determine is that it is very safe to drive your car to spectate at Moroso during Cavallino track time, mostly all paved areas; and that the Breakers hotel has a very convenient parking lot just for the attendees of the Cavallino driving Ferraris. Must have been at least 150 of them in that lot, most with Florida tags.

Since Cavallino is in late January, another Boxer event could be planned in a different section of the country later in the year. For example, early fall, when the leaves change color, would be great in an area like New England, North Carolina, Colorado/New Mexico, or the mountains east of southern California.

I think it would be prudent to have our events in an area where there is a qualified Ferrari mechanic, just in case.

18. Dopplemax

Dopplemax Formula 3

What's wrong with Ferrari of Washington? JK - I agree with a fall event idea, the more temperate the weather the better.

DMAX

19. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def

I did not mention Washington D.C. as I was thinking (longing for) winding mountain roads, something I do not have in Florida. I guess there is always the Poconos.

20. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

put me in as a maybe. my car is currently on the east coast (north carolina). so tysons corner or ? is a possibility. it will be great to get all the boxer folks together. my car will be back west in the late fall however, so i can also participate in the west coast version of the round up.

best, pcb

21. Dopplemax

Dopplemax Formula 3

Consider yourself counted!

22. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    How many so far? I want to go so I hope we get enough together.

23. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    This will make One Hell of a VIDEO...I suggest you all chip in and get a Videographer for the Day.

Imagine a Conga line of Boxers Buzzing the Beltway!
    Mix the play back with Steppenwolfs Magic Carpet Ride,
    Or the Allman Brothers, Nobody left to run with anymore.

COOL!
    I say all must run open Exhausts That day!

24. PINNIN512

PINNIN512 Formula 3

Aug 30, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    David
    West Coast Boxer Club. Let's make it happen.I will design the T-shirts. :)

25. Dopplemax

Dopplemax Formula 3

Current Count

YES - 7

Maybe - 4

Keep 'em coming guys!

DMAX