F- Chat Insurance Poll | Page 2 | FerrariChat

F- Chat Insurance Poll

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Garyh, Sep 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ade

Ade Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    UK
    Thanks Gary, will do!

2. HectorZauss

HectorZauss Guest

Aug 17, 2004
    Hampshire
    Just an observation while on the subject - protected NCB is a con. Your current insurer will "protect" your NCB if you have a prang, but who 's to say they will offer the best deal when you renew? Protected NCB isn't necessarily transferrable. You can go to another insurer, even with an own blame claim and still get a premium lower than the extra the "protection" will have cost. This is because isurance companies offer lower quotes for new business to attract punters and hope you don't bother to shop around in the subsequent years - then they stuff you up the sphyncter.
    BTW, just to wind up, the classic car insurance on my GT4 is less than £200, with agreed value of £20k. Being over 35 has its merits!

3. BERTONE

BERTONE Formula Junior

Aug 20, 2004
    THE NORTH
    Full Name:
    ENZO

4. BERTONE

BERTONE Formula Junior

Aug 20, 2004
    THE NORTH
    Full Name:
    ENZO
    Which insurance company are you with Mark?

5. HectorZauss

HectorZauss Guest

Aug 17, 2004
    Hampshire
    AON - Classic Car policy with limited milage at 1500 pa which is quite enough for me. A good feature is any unused milage is rolled over into subsequent years.

6. BERTONE

BERTONE Formula Junior

Aug 20, 2004
    THE NORTH
    Full Name:
    ENZO
    Brilliant, thanks because as you know ive been shopping around for insurance for when i eventually get my GT4.
    The roll over facility is a cracking idea.
    Its a shame i cant get to see you on Wednesday whilst im in London but im flying straight into Heathrow and Verdis have offered to pick me up therefore i havent hired a car.
    Theres also one at Runnymede Motors that i should really go and see just out of curiosity.

7. matkat

matkat Formula 3

Mar 18, 2003
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Dave McGuire
    All of the above+breakdown recovery insurance.

8. thibaut

thibaut Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2004
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Thibaut A.
    LHD cars !!!!

9. jrotsaert

jrotsaert Karting

Aug 15, 2004
    Reading, UK
    Full Name:
    Jean-Marc
    I agree with all of this, except the "cheap" bit. I want the lowest possible cost for the best possible service that I can afford
    JM

10. Garyh

Garyh Karting

Jan 10, 2004
    There is an element of truth in this but it depends very much on your age and vehicle. On a classic protected ncb is indeed unlikely to be of benefit but if you drive say a £115K 360 Spider the protected ncb is worth having - try and get a cheaper quote with 2 years less ncb and a fault claim on your record!
    Insurance is like everything else we buy as consumers - you get what you pay for!

11. Lee_Proctor

Lee_Proctor Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Full Name:
    Lee
    What about insurance for pre-25 yr olds?

12. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    stupid boy

13. Garyh

Garyh Karting

Jan 10, 2004
    not a problem per se - its all down to experience and profile
    eg wouldnt insure someone under 25 who has driven a metro 1.1 for two years then buys a 355 but someone who has worked there way up to an f car or similar is not a worse risk just because they might be 24 and not 25.

14. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve

15. 400SPYDER

400SPYDER F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2004
    Kent, England
    Full Name:
    kevan
    Gary

Where are we getting to with this thread?

Sorry to sound pushy but the Beemer is due for renewal - now!

Cheers Kevan
    :) See you down the road - with huge grins on our faces :)

16. 400SPYDER

400SPYDER F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2004
    Kent, England
    Full Name:
    kevan
    Well that went well :D

17. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve

anyone got any ideas of who we can use for this thread?

18. 400SPYDER

400SPYDER F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2004
    Kent, England
    Full Name:
    kevan
    Steve

I thought Garyh who started this thread was an insurance guy.

Cheers Kevan

19. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve

yes he is and a top guy, i have his colleagues number and will be ringing him to sort out mine

20. 400SPYDER

400SPYDER F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2004
    Kent, England
    Full Name:
    kevan
    Steve

I thought the whole point of this thread was to try and put together some sort of group scheme for Fchat members.

Surely if it was of interest to us, then the ins. co. could put forward the scheme to the FOC and increase their business ten(?) fold - whilst at the same time reducing the Fchatters premiums!

Cheers Kevan
    :) See you down the road - with huge grins on our faces :)

21. Garyh

Garyh Karting

Jan 10, 2004
    Kevan,

the point was to collect details of what everybody needed or wanted from a scheme which we seem to have a reasonable set of ideas to work with.
    anyone needing an individual quote before the scheme is established can email or pm me their details.
    It will take a few weeks to put something together and yes we can offer it to FOC members in due course although my motive wasnt increasing business but ( could do a ford scheme for that!) to do something for the f-chat guys many of whom have difficulties with insurance in some way or another.
    Sorry ive been away for a few days on business so hadnt seen your earlier posts!

Cheers,

Gary

22. 400SPYDER

400SPYDER F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2004
    Kent, England
    Full Name:
    kevan
    No worries Gary

Usual story want something done and I want it yesterday! Sorry!!

Given my earlier posts perhaps you could please advise if there is an existing package that might provide some of what I am looking for. Or do you politely suggest myself and others learn about the virtuous of patience!!

The major bug bear with 4 cars is only one no claims bonus. Interestingly due to 3k pa restricted mileage Fcar is the cheapest of all 4 to insure

23. Garyh

Garyh Karting

Jan 10, 2004
    Kevan,

email or pm me the details of which car is due now ( what date?) and all your info and i will get you a price Monday. We can then add the other cars as they fall due. Only problem might be track day cover if you need that immediately.

Cheers

24. Garyh

Garyh Karting

Jan 10, 2004
    Just before this thread disapperas into oblivion and i get some scheme details together as there are a few new members appearing is there anything you would like to add to the subject?

thanks

Gary

25. Malfark

Malfark F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2002
    Mud Island, Europe
    Full Name:
    Markem
    To hell with LV - my car's an "import" so they wouldn't insure it! Huh??

Just received my renewal notice from Privilege - down to GBP 699 with 7 years NCD.

Would always be interested in a better deal...

MARK