F-chat Ontario Meet #2 Idea Thread | Page 2 | FerrariChat

F-chat Ontario Meet #2 Idea Thread

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Titanboy_24, Sep 3, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. asb9987

asb9987 F1 Rookie

Dec 4, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    A. B.
    you work at an exotic dealership..... nothing else need to be said ;)

Most likely I'll be arriving in a stupid Honda Oddyesey or 328i (BMW, not a Ferrari 328 :p)

2. MuJo

MuJo Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2004
    Toronto, ON
    Full Name:
    Joel R.
    I know it's not a Ferrari, but can you "borrow" a Countach for a few hours??

3. Titanboy_24

Titanboy_24 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas Scarfone
    I also vote Countache :)

4. docdavid

docdavid Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2004
    Toronto/K-W
    Full Name:
    Mike D
    Lucas you have PM

5. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    You gonna finally come to one of these or are you going to pull an MIA ?

And you better show up in an Fcar !

6. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Ahh c'mon bro. I got no Ferrari you know that ;) My clients 512BB left today for his mechanic so count that **** box out. (Sorry, Tom once again I tried sendin' biz your way but the owner had the last say obviously. You may even know this guy Joe who worked at Daytona years ago. Anyway, he got the car again for repairs. Stupid thing pissed fluid all over the floor. Clutch lost pressure *ouch*)

Rick, I may even try to get my friends 01 Diablo either myself or even have him join us if thats ok?

Vasco

7. MrApex

MrApex Formula 3

Jun 4, 2004
    Niagara Region
    Full Name:
    Andrew B.
    Vasco,

An 01 Diablo??? Yeah, I don't think you'll have any problems with this crowd.

8. asb9987

asb9987 F1 Rookie

Dec 4, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    A. B.
    HugoBoss?

Eitherway, 01 Diablo's are way too sexy to complain about. Best road going Diablo out of the bunch IMHO. Track devourer, and nicely done interior; despite the Diablo's notorious reputation for being an absolute raw brute to drive.

9. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco

Yes "HUGOBOSS" I always blab about. I know, it's really ghey that license plate and I tell him all the time. He has a collection of Ontario plates with actual company/celeb names (Go figure). Even a signed "MIKEWEIR" plate.

And yes you are correct. Its one of the nicest models out and YES its friken brute to drive. Ive had the pleasure a few times of taking the wheel and it's truly unreal. 580BHP, how can it not be fun?

No promises but my friend James is always up for a party. So maybe it will show.

Cheersh,

Vasco

10. MuJo

MuJo Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2004
    Toronto, ON
    Full Name:
    Joel R.
    What he said.

11. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    I ook forward to seeing you there partner !

12. uhstra

uhstra Rookie

Jun 7, 2005
    The Hammer, Canada
    Full Name:
    Cliff
    Hey guys:

I've got to make it out to one of these meets. I don't own a Ferrari but hope to in the not to distant future. I even have Board of Director Approval (wife) to make the purchase. Now I just need the money.

Anyway, I'm really impressed with the wealth of information and ease of which you guys dispense great advice to newbies. I wish I could post more often, but I don't have any advice to offer yet. My colleague from work, who is another certified petrol head would like to join you lot on October 1.

I havn't got this PM thing figured out yet (I suspect its subscription related) , so I'm just going to send Lucas (BTW: excellent camera work) an email to get the details.

I look forward to meeting you and picking your collective brains in person.

Cheers,

Cliff

13. asb9987

asb9987 F1 Rookie

Dec 4, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    A. B.
    DUDE! That Diablo... I've seen it on HWY 403 one time, near Square One. I think it was back in October of 2004. Such an evil car it was, and if I recall correctly there were two male occupants. I wanted him to rev that engine up a bit but sadly he didn't aquest my request :( But yeah, I seen that one, was a lovely treat on the way home form campus! When I saw that plate though, I thought the driver of the car must own some franchise of HB, or in some way was affiliated wit the brand.

14. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom

No problem Vasco!! I have a BB512i parked in the garage at the momment anyway..an F-chatters future car..hopefully by the weekend! I'll let him spill the beans though..you guys will love this!

15. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato

Your always full of secrets my freind....

16. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Ah c'mon Tom. Don't keep us waiting. Or who ever the hell you are that bought that boxer. You lucky BASTARD!!!

17. MuJo

MuJo Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2004
    Toronto, ON
    Full Name:
    Joel R.
    I know Mr. Red is interested in the big 360 or even 430, but I can see him in a BB for sure. My vote is Rick. You the proud owner?

18. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco

Hmmm, I dont think so. The TR satisfy's that classic V12 need. He'd go with the F430 I predict.

Tom, please give us a clue or 2 dude. From Toronto section? DO they post often. Is it Toronto_Guy? Hehehe Oh sorry, it's too "old" for him. He's past that.

V.

19. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Well he hasn't posted in quite sometime. He usally hangs out in the tech section. Thats about all I'm going to say on that one;)!

I will tell you this..it is one sweet BB..probbaly one of the best I have seen in a long time, if not ever. She is full on Euro spec..not even a hint of convertion anywhere. She is the Boxer paint scheme, as in red on top,black on the bottom. Full records, and all tools aswell. Tan interior with the full buckets, and spinner knock offs. It had its major done just last year, and does not leak a spot of oil. When we went for a drive..he fell in love with it. He is a carb guy through and through, but when he saw this car, he gave up on the rest and bought the best!

This is the car I should have bought..it looked so good in the garage this morning, with the sun just comming up over the tops of the houses and lighting up just the right amount of the car. I just had to stand there and take a couple of sips of coffee and just stare. Then I got in, fired her up and drove to work..what a machine. I've driven a bunch of these bad boys, but this thing is just like new...no rattles, clunks, of any kind, just that flat twelve behined me making all the music I need.

Jelous yet?;)

Tom

20. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato

Thanks Joel, but Vasco is correct, and you....my taste would be something in the new relm now with a 355, 360, or 430/ 550 . No its not me.

My guess would be someone with a yellow little dino....how close am I getting Tom ?

21. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Nope not him!!...

22. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    Hey guys, Im the one that bought the 83 BBi. Now that I have it, I think Ill have a hard time going back to an 8cyl. I still have to finish my 79 308 restoration (which is coming along) and Ill decide then if I keep the 308 as well as the 512. The 12 is unlike anything else, no offense, the 308 is a great handling car and has great lines, the BB is heavy and harder for me to get into and not as light to throw around so they both have their shortcomings but for me the sound and feel of the flat 12 makes up for it.

I would like to thank Autoforum in toronto and Tom bakowski who were both instrumental in me getting into a BB and getting a great one as well. I trust Toms opinion on these cars as well as any exotic really and he has taught me a lot already. Sergio from Autoforum busted his a$$ to get me this great car for a great price over a couple of weeks to put the deal all together and in turn Ive made another friend out of it. I cant thank them both enough....but Ill try.

Thanks again guys, you've put a perma-smile on my face.

Paul.

23. Ferrariguy2

Ferrariguy2 F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2004
    Naples, Florida
    Full Name:
    Chief
    Congrats on the car! Enjoy!

24. Carrera_gtcrazy

Carrera_gtcrazy F1 Veteran

Oct 24, 2004
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Stephan Bauer
    Congradulations on the car paul!!! Enjoy! :)

25. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Paul all the best on the new wheels...enjoy in good health.

Tom has been looking after my TR for a few yrs now, and it runs like new, he is definietly patient with the small stuff. Welcome to the world of old school 12s...you will never go back I assure you, the brute force, and lack of modern comforts is what its all about. Hope you can attend the meet in a couple of weeks, Im sure all the guys, myself included would love to see it in the flesh. If it came from Tommy, no doubt shes a beaut...enjoy my freind !!

Rick.