F1 2016 | FerrariChat

F1 2016

Discussion in 'Technology' started by SPEEDCORE, May 28, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    #1 SPEEDCORE, May 28, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Another year another milking of F1 fans :( Just like 2015 I'll wait for a 75% off sale :eek:

F1? 2016 - Official Game Website

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I'll probably download it, find out it's as **** as all the others and delete after 3 laps. lol

3. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    New career mode looks promising :eek:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Taej4diP_h4[/ame]

4. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Out on the 19th.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fi-kHLkrMwY[/ame]

5. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Let us choose a formula from the past and it might work. I'd take the F2002 and compete in this year's Championship.

That would be a compelling game...but I'm certain Bernie and the FOM would have something to say about it.

6. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
    Is this true to life and only a Mercedes can win?

7. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Nope it's a game anyone can win :p

Game is out. The reviews are positive on steam F1 2016 on Steam

8. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Read a bunch of reviews, lots of positive stuff on YouTube, so I broke down and picked it up. Much, much better effort than 2015...I think it's easily Codemasters best work. The racing is sim-quality...rain Spa in the rain just now and the feel of the car is very authentic for wet weather handling. Sound quality is high (though that's not saying much for the current formula), but the graphics are more like Asseto Corsa than Project Cars/Forza 6 (not a huge deal to me, the quality of the physics is the more important aspect of the game).

Like an earlier poster, I've generally purchased F1 from Codemasters, become bored after a few practice laps and I'm done. This one actually invites you to race. Not a perfect game, but very good and much improved over the crap effort from 2015 (not that it would take much for that)

9. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Yeah I ended up getting it too. It's actually quite good and I'm enjoying it. I like the new delta timing, the engineer talking via headset, the AI getting penalties, the graphics feel like more of the same tho. I started a career and the game wants you to do multiple tests over the 3 practice sessions to improve the car but I just want to race. The tests are ok but they are the same every race.

10. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    What do you guys use for controllers?

11. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Depending on how much time I have, Thrustmaster T150 or the controller (PS4). It works well with both...the cars control predictably and are fast.

Just picked up Assetto Corsa (for free) and I think F1 2016 feels MUCH more planted.(probably need to do adjustments for AC, but F1 was good to go immediately)

12. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    I use the Logitech G920 wheel or the x1 controller. Both work well for this game tho I probably use more assists when using the controller.

13. thirteendog

thirteendog Formula 3

Mar 6, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Help me understand the tire rules. I just ran the Austrian race where they had Ultra Soft, Super Soft and the Soft compounds available. I qualified on the Super Softs because I wanted to start on those and switch to the Ultra's near the end of the race. With 2 laps to go I got a message saying I had to stop to fulfill the tire regulations. I switched to two different types of tires. Why did I need to stop again?

14. Kaivball

Kaivball Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2007
    Kalifornia
    In real F1 you must run at least two different compounds during the race.

Kai

15. thirteendog

thirteendog Formula 3

Mar 6, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    I already had switched from Super softs to Ultra softs.

16. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    But it is still a "soft" compound tyre. Different compounds means you need to change between soft or medium or hard tyres , as I think.

17. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    US and SS both qualify as option tyres. You must use either paired with a prime tire (soft, medium or hard)

18. thirteendog

thirteendog Formula 3

Mar 6, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Ah, I didn't realize this. Thanks!