F1 2020 Delayed: News/updates / is there hope :) | Page 31 | FerrariChat

F1 2020 Delayed: News/updates / is there hope :)

Discussion in 'F1' started by DF1, Mar 15, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Standard now for some time......

jgonzalesm6 likes this.
  2. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Answer my questions, also those about Covid in Brazil and the UK.

3. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    And that makes Brasil/Sao Paulo a "nice" place to visit ? It certainly does not seem like that to me.

jgonzalesm6 likes this.
  4. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Have you ever been there or not???

Boomhauer likes this.
  5. Boomhauer

Boomhauer Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2007
    Milano - Italia
    Full Name:
    Cardinal
    People have a big misconception about Brazil, as someone who has lived there for many years I can attest to that. People still ask me if all the locals live in the jungle, if there are monkeys running down the street and if you can't get out of the house without getting shot. Is Brazil dangerous, sure ? so are many other developed countries. I never got robbed in Brazil, but I got robbed in the US and in Norway of all places.

But people like to live in their our bubbles, believing in their own ''facts'', without having experienced it first hand - visiting the country, following that logic people will never travel again, no country is perfect, but it's always easier to see whats wrong on the other side of fence.

6. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Ferrari will have a new building area in Maranello for new Simulator & 10 bench Dynamic simulations vehicle (3 x f1)

7. Hocakes

Hocakes Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2010
    FL
    What does all that cost?? Wasn't the testing ban supposed to save money?? Bass akwards logic there.

Pretty sure there aren't correlation problems with a car on the track running new parts vs same car w/ old parts.
    Sent from my Samsung Note 8 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

8. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Marko: If Pink Mercedes is approved, we can do the same with AlphaTauri

Image Unavailable, Please Login

AlphaTauri could follow in the footsteps of Racing Point by producing a copy of Red Bull’s car, says team advisor Helmut Marko.

Currently under protest by Renault, the Racing Point RP20 is in many ways a copy of technical-partners Mercedes’ 2019 car, the W10, and is alleged to have illegally used the same brake duct design on its 2020 challenger.

With a verdict expected before the British Grand Prix this weekend, Marko says a dismissal could lead him to pursue a similar avenue with Red Bull sister team AlphaTauri, even if he understands why some in the paddock remain opposed to such a practice.

“I have no problem, if that is allowed,” he told Kronen Zeitung. “Then we can do the same with Alpha Tauri and save money on top of it. But this secret trickery bothers me. If it is allowed, then it should be allowed and you can stand by it one hundred percent.

“We’d have, like, four Red Bulls. But for teams like Renault or McLaren that don’t have a B team, it’s a problem.”

Not the only way in which the case will affect his team, Racing Point have been serious challengers for Red Bull’s title as best-of-the-rest in 2020, with Marko they could have the upper hand at Silverstone.

“[It’s a] power track,” he said. “So the Pink Mercedes will be dangerous as hell!”

https://www.grandprix247.com/2020/07/29/marko-if-pink-mercedes-is-approved-we-can-do-the-same-with-alphatauri/

Jakuzzi likes this.
  9. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Indeed. I was just checking: murder rate in Washington D.C. is 16 per 100k, in Sao Paulo it's 10 per 100k. Also, the state of Sao Paulo has a similar number of COVID cases of that of Great Britain.

10. DF1

Ferrari proposed customer cars return in F1 COVID talks Ferrari proposed a return of customer cars to Formula 1 during talks to safeguard the sport's future, only for the move to be rejected by the rest of the grid - HeSoadline via Autosport.com

So we suffer Clone-Point instead lol - essentially an un-official customer car Mercedes

11. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    The pink Mercedes uses an entirely different kind of aerodynamic concept compared to the high rake Red Bulls.
    It is easy to screw up the transition from one aerodynamic "concept" to another.
    Newey is the master of the high rake !
    Is he still a master of the low rake?

12. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Big mistake to reject custome cars, IMO.
    It will be more difficult for 10 teams to create 10 good cars with the budget cap anyway.

tifosi12 likes this.
  13. DF1

I know he gets the credit for Aero but Mercedes is the standard and has been for a few years. Enough of Newey and 'genius'. He had his day and Id like to know who and why Mercedes are so good and why Ferrari have not hired better team of Aero personnel.

14. DF1

BRAVO Mclaren - stating an important concept! -- https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/150904/mclaren-rules-need-tightened-to-stop-car-copying

McLaren wants F1 regulations tightened to prevent further car copying

McLaren Formula 1 chief Andreas Seidl is eager for the regulations to be tightened to limit the extent to which teams can copy other cars.

The FIA is currently reviewing a protest from Renault over the legality over Racing Point's RP20 car, which was based on the design of the 2019 title-winning Mercedes W10.

Racing Point has openly admitted it used pictures of the Mercedes to design its car for this year, but stressed it did so entirely within the regulations and has no concerns over Renault's protest.

Seidl previously said there were "no grounds" for a protest against Racing Point, but that the case was important for F1's future as it risked becoming a "copying championship".

15. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Seidl is carefully choosing his words to not sound like he´s accusing Mercedes of collusion with Racing Point. Although he is.

16. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales