F1 detail car care | FerrariChat

F1 detail car care

Discussion in '360/430' started by masterlu, Sep 30, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. masterlu

masterlu Formula Junior

Jul 26, 2005
    Florida, Cape Cod MA
    Full Name:
    Ivan
    What car care products does everyone use on their pride & joy? Personally, I'm a Griot's guy. I like all their products except the tire dressing.

2. mw575

mw575 F1 Rookie

May 30, 2001
    Lake Oswego,Or
    Full Name:
    Martin J Weiner,M.D.
    Zaino-Zaino-Zaino!

3. Dave

Dave F1 Rookie

Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones
    For tires try leg hike.

My dog can make any tire shine!

4. FJerry

FJerry Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2004
    United States
    I don't have more than 3 hours in the day to devote to car care so what I do is I have a guy who is far better at detailing than I do the Zaino system to the cars that I keep for nice weather and then I just wash and Z6 or Z8 the cars regularly (eg- once every few weeks when I am driving them). He comes for these cars about once a year and this system works. I can do the wash + Z6 in about 2 hours.

For the beater, its black and that means no car washes if I want to avoid swirls so I just let it get dirty, then I use dishwashing soap (I know this is supposed to be a no no but read on) and then I use Mothers or Maguires cleaner wax. That process takes about 2-3 hours. I do this about 4 times a year. The dish washing detergent will strip all the wax off your car so dont use it for one like a Ferrari, but it also gets off grime and grease and other muck that gets on the car. If you follow it up with a decent cleaner wax all is fine. Again, this is not recommended for your Ferrari or other pampered vehicle, but for the beater that you dont want scratches nor want to spend 10 hours on, Ive found it to be not a bad system at all.

best regards,
    Jerry