F1 for PS2? | FerrariChat

F1 for PS2?

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by tifosi12, Mar 30, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I just read, that Villeneuve is preparing himself for the Bahrain GP by learning the track on his Playstation 2.

I thought the latest F1 game for PS2 was back from 2002 (just like on the PC) when that track didn't exist yet. What am I missing or is Jacques learning the wrong track?
    :)

2. FerrariTifoisi#1

FerrariTifoisi#1 Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2004
    Full Name:
    Jay
    maybe they made him a special game. IF they did i think they should sell it i would buy it in a heartbeat.

Jason

3. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
  4. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
  5. spang308

spang308 Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2004
    York, PA
    Before you run off and order that game from Amazon, make sure it is compatible with your system. There are two PS2 game formats, one for N. America and one for Europe, and I noticed the one in the above link is the latter. The games do not interchange. I would love to have F1 2004, but have yet to find it for the US version. If you happen to find the US version, please post where it can be purchased.

Thanks,
    John

6. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I have an American (NTSC) PS2 and this game only exists as the European PAL version. Would my PS2 be able to read it?

I do have a TV converter that can transfer the video signal from PAL to NTSC, so if my PS2 can deal with the game, I'm all set. But is the PS2 itself capable of dealing with the PAL version of the game?