F1 Going to Vietnam in 2020! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

F1 Going to Vietnam in 2020!

Discussion in 'F1' started by atlocal, Nov 7, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SWB

SWB Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2006
    Toronto & Ottawa
    Full Name:
    Seth
    Is every new venue gonna be a Mickey Mouse street course from now on? I give it 3 seasons before the plug gets pulled. Heard North Korea got's next, yo!

william and daytona355 like this.
  2. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    At least the after race entertainment won’t be Eddie Jordan, it’ll be some Vietnamese hookers ‘gonna love me long time GI’

Forza Ferrari..... the only racing team and car marque that matters. Italia forever It’s easier to apologise than it is to ask permission

3. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    How long before Liberty talks the Cubans about reviving the Havana GP ?

Havana after Miami ....

4. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I think I would go. It’s an easy trip from Hong Kong. Not sure how easy it is to get a visa though.

5. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    #30 daytona355, Nov 18, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
    Getting the visa won’t be a problem, lots of people seem to go there these days. I’m just not sure I’d really ever want to visit a place like Vietnam. For me, the place holds no interest whatsoever, much like Thailand, where the main industry in either is how to part westerners with their cash. They seem to have a very low opinion of the value of actual people in these places, a simplistic person = cash to be parted with

That said, my dad has a house in a gated community in Thailand and bangs on about the place all the time, but my impressions of the place are only ever confirmed by his stories. He spends three to six months a year there as a base for his travels to Australia and everywhere else.

One thing on the visas, does anyone know whether visiting Vietnam causes any issues with visitors to the US? My dad has in the past been prevented from visiting the US because he travels around and some of the places he has been mean he has to go to the US embassy to get a visa, rather than apply via the automated visa waiver system for UK visitors to the US. He recently had a three year period where they would not let him visit, but I can’t remember the country he had been too that caused the issue.

This would be a concern to me as I love the USA, and visit often, not being able to come to the USA would stop me going anywhere even if they paid me to visit.