F1 GRAND PRIX DE MONACO 2014: RACE ***SPOILERS*** | Page 24 | FerrariChat

F1 GRAND PRIX DE MONACO 2014: RACE ***SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, May 25, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Hmmm ... Alonso finished 4th and he out qualified Kimi also ... I'm confused. Yes Kimi did a great start ... whoopie
    Pete

2. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I never saw the crash (nor is it on youtube) so can't comment. I was so angry though...at least Kimi had a good race up until then to silence the critics. 2 in a row now.

Lewis even said he'd ''sort it like Senna'' (re prost-senna rivalry when they where teammates). Perhaps later this year...

3. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Fair enough. I don't think that without the TV coverage that Bernie organized there would be any racing. No cash for sponsorship and all that. A different series would perhaps emerge later (call it GP1 for now) and still have all the TV.

It had to be done.

Kimi managed to create a gap from Ricciardo whilst Alonso couldn't get to within 2 seconds of Ricciardo, quickly dropping to 4-6 seconds. After ~40 odd laps he dropped from 10 seconds to 30 at the end of the race.

4. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE

I have to say that as much as I am fond of « Lewis the racer », I fear for him almost every time he opens his mouth. And I fear that in a “war of nerves” with anyone, he will probably end the looser.
    The way Jenson Button asserted his authority over the McLaren team should teach one thing or two to Lewis (not that it is of much use to Jenson today, but nevermind…) Remember, for instance, among others, the story of the rear wing at Spa in 2012 and Lewis’s tweet? Lewis can be a true nuisance only to himself.

As for the rest and all his statements that “I’ll do my talking wheels in hand”, or his believes that he is the new Senna or that “he will solve the situation the Senna way”, this reminds me of one scene in “the Good, the Bad and The Ugly” when Tuco his having a bath and the killer enters the room and begin by explaining to him that he will shoot him and why: Tuco shoots first, and say “If you have to shoot, then shoot; don’t loose time by telling the story of your whole life”.

Lewis have won four races, and lost this one: he was beaten yesterday. If he thinks he is the best, then he should be able to prove it by winning more races, and scoring more points. Period. He more or less did this in 2007 against Fernando.

(By the way, with the "right" points system, the old 10-6-4-3-2-1, it would still be Lewis 46 to Nico 44 today).

Rgds

5. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    +1

6. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    On a more positive note; Rosberg was last seen at 8am this morning drinking champagne out of a fishbowl this morning.

I've always said he's a bit ''boring''. Perhaps he's not. Rosberg for WDC2014 please!

7. Dino Chang

Dino Chang Guest

Dec 29, 2012
    So much talk about this Prost and Senna on various forums. Can anyone post any links were Lewis has instigated in a F1 media interview this season, were he has said that his and Nicos situation is the same as Prost and Senna? I said "instigated" and this season.
    All i have ever seen and heard in tv and media interviews is the intervewee bringing it up them selfs, not either Lewis or Nico.
    Its a media thing isnt it and and all he said was a passing coment about doing things like senna would. I bet one does not have to look to hard to find the media would have put the Prost v Senna question to Nico to.
    Is this a case of the media knowing how stupid people are and how they will suffer with the old classic case of selective hearing spurned on by blind hatered?
    The media started this didnt they

8. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Lol

9. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    The media alluded to the rivalry between Senna and Prost because Lewis has frequently said in the past, either distant, or just recently, how much he admires Senna and how much an inspiration Senna is for him; see for instance this one, which is three weeks old.

BBC Sport - Ayrton Senna inspired my driving style - Lewis Hamilton

Given that he very often speak about this, it was only to be expected that the rivalry between Senna and prost was mentionned to him.

Rgds

10. RS man

RS man Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2008
    Scotland
    I agree, whilst Hamilton is still immature, he is much faster than Rosberg and is more Senna-esque in ruthlessness. Speed and ruthlessness will get him the win in the end. I'm not a fan of Hamilton but he is fast.

11. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    The difference in speed isn't that big so far...nor was it last year.

Rosberg has great speed and always had it since I've been following him (GP2 onwards), he shouldn't be underestimated.

Lewis just has the edge, but he gets so fixated in beating Rosberg it might be the cause for him to lose races and could lead to him losing the title. His emotions have gotten the best of him before and I won't be surprised if it happens again this year.

12. Dino Chang

Dino Chang Guest

Dec 29, 2012
    Yes i know all about what he said in the past. Just like most other drivers that i have heard that have been inspired by Senna and or Shuy. Though i dont recall him saying anything about him being in a Prost v Senna thing with another driver.
    But like i said, any interviews i read and saw have been nstigated by media regarding the P&S thing this season?

13. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    The comparison has been suggested to him, and then he replied that he would deal with it the Senna way:

Nico Rosberg rivalry approaching Ayrton Senna / Alain Prost levels - Lewis Hamilton | Formula 1 | Formula 1 news, live F1 | ESPN F1

Rgds

14. Dino Chang

Dino Chang Guest

Dec 29, 2012
  15. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    He's still responsible for his answers.

16. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Lewis acted like a spoilt child who had had to share his toys with little brother nico. That's a fact. His great mentor senna would not have been so childish, his statements were either factual and intelligent, or vociferous after racing, he spoke on the track moe often than not. Lewis looks like he wants to cry sometimes.

I hope he gets to watch himself on TV, and realises otherwise this is the start of his loss of a potential title this year. Nico has the upper hand in the mind games now, and a good showing in Canada will break Hamilton and start the mistakes big time

17. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    As for F1 in general, the sooner they stop messing around with little rules and let the teams develop and test, the better, this championship is already decided and next year won't be much different.

In days gone by, such as the Ferrari domination that people hark back to and claim is the same thing, it really wasn't. Teams could test what they liked, develop much more and in more varied areas, and this meant 2 seconds at the start of the season could be caught up with clever teams. Nowadays, they can barely catch half a second in a season as the areas of development are locked off. That's the difference now. Mercedes have sorted it for this year, fair enough, but no teams will be anywhere near them for a long time given the current state of testing and rules, maybe not even next year if we aren't careful.

Now they are all banging on a bout this formula E rubbish, does F1 need to be so Eco-friendly anymore? Let the electric scalectrix cars get green, and let's have an end to fuel flows and fuel limits, that would sort most of the issue in one go

18. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Yep: the worst ennemy of Lewis Hamilton is usually one Lewis Hamilton; himself, that is. Nico being the smart guy he is has just to drive as fast as he can, and wait for Lewis to shoot himself in the foot.
    Which is too bad, because, as I wrote, I am quite fond of Lewis Hamilton as a racer.
    (Perhaps he still needs the tutorage of Ron Dennis...)

Rgds

19. Dino Chang

Dino Chang Guest

Dec 29, 2012
    True, i cant argue with that. Then there blown up out of all proportions by media and forums ect.
    This is in fact what the media circus wants.
    But yes your 100% right mate he is responsible for his answers.
    Maybe he should answer questions like Kimi, ....No scrub that he would be hung for doing that:)

20. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Kimi is the outlier when it comes to press relations.
    In today's commercial climate drivers are hired based on their ability to do PR as well as to drive. McLaren even has its drivers sign two contracts. One for driving the other for promotional work.
    It's not what I'd like but F1 is more a business than a sport and drivers have to know how to sell themselves.
    Lewis' talent is in generating attention and sponsors are paying to be noticed so in a perverse way his comments are a plus.

21. ARTNNYC

ARTNNYC F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 8, 2005
    NYC, FL
    Full Name:
    Jerome
    Sebastian who?

22. RS man

RS man Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2008
    Scotland
    #597 RS man, May 26, 2014
    Last edited: May 26, 2014
    I think the difference in speed is enough to give Hamilton the edge. As you say, immaturity/impetuousness will cost him dear. Rosberg is a cool cookie but I still don't think he has the raw speed that Hamilton has.

23. Dino Chang

Dino Chang Guest

Dec 29, 2012
    I miss the days of when drivers could say and do what was on there minds :(
    I think with the internet, social media as well as contracts. This will never be the case again :(
    So it makes me smile when people like Lewis say controversial things, or Kimi just walks away from a question, or Vettel swears and drivers cus and moan over radio.
    If drivers were to heed the advise of forum members and STFU, F1 would be so crap and members would have nothing to btich about.

24. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David

While I wish him no ill its great to see how well his teammate is doing.

;)

25. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    + a million

I love outspoken drivers. Be that Kimi, Vettel, Lewis or JPM.

I hate the chicken littles who are always PC or have a press secretary write them their lines/lies or even speak for them.

And I really can't stand it when they start their statements with "To be honest...". Well, hello, before that everything you said was a friggen lie?