F1 GRAND PRIX DE MONACO 2014: RACE ***SPOILERS*** | Page 28 | FerrariChat

F1 GRAND PRIX DE MONACO 2014: RACE ***SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, May 25, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jcosta79

jcosta79 Formula 3

Nov 15, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    LaJonathan
    It's much worse in Spanish. Words that are very common for one country are very vulgar for another. And there's so many different Spanish-speaking countries that you are pretty much guaranteed to upset someone at some point no matter how polite you try to be.

2. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    A black friend of mine apparently ticked ''other'' when he went to the States a few years back. Went straight to the ''personal welcome room'' (as he called it) for his first visit to the States. Apparently they weren't too happy to hear his argument saying that he wasn't African American but a full blown African, lol.

3. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Lady Luck is colour blind! :D

4. Qvb

Qvb F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2003
    Newport Beach Ca.
    Full Name:
    John Dixon
    #679 Qvb, May 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Reneging already.
    That proves that you're Lewis!
    ;)

6. jcosta79

jcosta79 Formula 3

Nov 15, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    LaJonathan
    To be fair, African and African American are two very different groups of people.

7. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    That's so racist! :D

8. Dino Chang

Dino Chang Guest

Dec 29, 2012
    Lol, is it cos I is .......English ;)

9. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    When he's not crashing into people (raikkonen, or his teammate Button) he normally does pretty well there.

Mind you, with the whole ''sorting it like Senna'' bit he might just make this place his usual place of ramping his teammate. We'll see in 2 weeks :D.

Still loved Kimi's post race interview after that ''All was going fine, I'm waiting for the red light and then some wooden eye crashes into you''. :D

10. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Not according to 'Murica. ;)

11. Qvb

Qvb F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2003
    Newport Beach Ca.
    Full Name:
    John Dixon
    Yeah, I know he does well there. Hopefully Kimi will be doing good enough that Hamilton has another chance to hit him from behind, but not very likely. (Hopefully he is not lapping him)

12. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Rest assured Bas I am booking marking some these post's for a revisit.. for a claws n all eat fest..;)

13. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I wouldn't mind earning the tax he pays...mind you is it Monaco..nowadays...;)

14. sammysaber

sammysaber Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2011
    Well put indeed sir !

Came across this :

Monaco points cost Marussia £2,000 | Planet F1 | Formula One News

Marussia sporting director Graeme Lowdon has hailed the team's progress especially in light of their very limited budget.

On Sunday, Jules Bianchi scored the team's maiden World Championship points when he brought his car home in ninth place in Monaco.

Overcoming a gearbox grid drop and two five-second stop-go penalties during the 78-lap grand prix, the Frenchman finally put Marussia on the board.

Lowdon said: "It's progress, which is really the important thing. We've shown we can move forward.

"When you see progress in a small team every single person knows they have contributed to it, and that's what makes it so valuable to everyone involved."

The Monaco points come despite Marussia's limited budget with Lowdon revealing that just £2,000 was spent on upgrades between the Spanish and Monaco races.

"If we were to spend another couple of thousand we'd go even quicker," he told Press Association.

"The bottom line is that development money has to come last. You've an obligation to pay people to do everything, and so we don't have the development budget.

"We're not limited by ingenuity, we've some really clever guys and they know what to do.

"We know if we apply some more resource to the car, we'll go quicker, but it's an expensive business even before you try and make the car do that."

------------

Not only did their upgrades cost less than Lewis' dog, most Fcar owners spend more on their yearly maintenance than that.

Wow...tough times for some teams...

15. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    I see it less as a victory for Marussia as a coming of age for Bianchi.
    Wrestling that beast around the streets of Monaco was an amazing feat.
    I suspect that ten years from now its Bianchi's emergence as a top line talent will be what's remembered from yesterday not the Rosberg Hamilton kerfufffle.

16. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas

£2000 + $260 million (The amount the team has spend/lost since entering F1).

Also, £2000 is the price of a pint in Monaco. I presume Bianchi put it on his company credit card :D.

17. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Bianchi is a Ferrari young driver programme person. He's had a couple of mistakes and DNF's but he's almost always faster than Chilton. Hopefully he'll get a better drive when one opens...

Chilton's only claim to fame is finishing every race he's entered. Consistent, yes, but presumably because he drives too slow to have a fast enough accident to put him out of the race...

;)

18. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    When either of the grey beards at Ferrari are put to pasture ;) he'd better get a seat there!

19. sammysaber

sammysaber Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2011
    Well done to him.

Alonso sure Bianchi has a great career ahead of him - Latest sport news

MONACO (Reuters) – Jules Bianchi’s stunning race into the points with tiny Marussia at the Monaco Grand Prix could be the start of something big for the French Formula One driver, according to Ferrari’s Fernando Alonso.

The Spaniard, who started his own F1 career with now-defunct minnows Minardi, is a friend and travelling companion of Bianchi who is also under contract to Ferrari as part of their young driver academy.

“We spend a lot of time together in Maranello, we play football, we go cycling, we travel together on the same plane for some races,” he told reporters after Bianchi finished eighth on the track and ninth after a penalty was taken into account.

“He’s a friend and I’m extremely happy for him and very proud of what his result will mean for him in his career. I have no doubt it will be a good career,” continued double world champion Alonso.

“Hopefully with this result he can have a more competitive car next year and show his talent even more.”

Bianchi’s race was all the more impressive because he started on the back row of the grid after a penalty for an unscheduled gearbox change.
    -----

Best, Sammy

20. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    One can only hope. Ferrari is normally quite hesitant hiring drivers that haven't won a race yet (Massa being one). Hopefully Bianchi can get it when a seat becomes available...

21. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    So Massa screws the pooch yet again.
    ;)

22. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve

Wow tell me about it..... I'am very pleased for them, I hope it is small steps to greater things.

23. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    There's something in F1 that only costs 2K?
    I'd have thought that tire air was at least 5K per corner.

24. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Hahaha or Lewis's haircut.... Nico's shaved legs perhaps ... eye brow wax for Fred..;)

25. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Black or African American. Most black people in the US would take offense to being called "colored" considering it is an antiquated term (here anyway) that harkens back to unfortunate times in this country when there were separate drinking fountains, restaurant entrances, labelled "colored" for black people to use while white people used the regular ones.

Personally, I find "African American" to be a bit silly since in my eyes everyone in this country is American so i just say black if I am describing a person based on skin color. Interesting how language is different in other countries. Learn something new every day. Just remember if you venture here do not call a black person colored as it is frowned upon :)