F1 In Vegas? | Page 15 | FerrariChat

F1 In Vegas?

Discussion in 'F1' started by RP, Oct 18, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    $27K - that is the price for Paddock Club at Vegas. If I was a billionaire - I would not go, there is no way it can be worth that. I love F-1 have my entire life, but its just getting stupid.

Extreme1, DugLA and william like this.
  2. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Your tax attorneys can come up with some way of writing off that $27k as a business expense.

ChipG likes this.
  3. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    So something interesting. Last week in the early morning before traffic I drove The Strip after it was resurfaced. When I got to Flamingo, there was a pretty big "bump", which was weird to me as the rest of the pavement was quite smooth. I wondered if someone from the FIA or whatever would measure the surface and decide if its in good enough shape to be used as a track.

Well, this morning I'm walking by that intersection and they were digging it up again, exactly where the bump was. I'm still curious who decides if a track surface is good enough to race on.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    FIA has to inspect and approve the track and I'm sure they will do that in due time.

TheMayor likes this.
  5. Phil~

Phil~ F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2013
    Potomac, Maryland
    I am sure to be grade 1 FIA has to ok the surface.

Will you be going to the race btw? It's literally in your backyard.

6. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Yes. I have a ticket. Its about a 20 minute walk to my seat from where I live. I think this may be one race where almost all of the people watching it will be walking to the event.

tifosi12 likes this.
  7. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    MGM sent me some info today. The big package is over $11K PER PERSON + whatever the room rates are.

https://www.mgmresorts.com/en/offers/formula-1-bellagio-fountain-club.html

The little package isn't actually "that bad" (albeit everything is pretty close to crazy). 4 day tickets at $2800 which is pretty much average around the track. Considering the location (start/ finish line), its pretty good. However you still need to book 4 days in the hotel.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Hotels stepping up the marketing...

9. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Super cool

10. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Interesting to see the efforts made given how quickly the tickets sell. The race appears to market itself.

11. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
  12. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    That's scary. Right now I still have a reservation at resort world. I cannot imagine the pita it would be if I got bumped since I'm pretty sure I'm holding nonrefundable tixs.

paulchua likes this.
  13. Westworld

Westworld Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2004
    Billionaires would spend their money on this:

14. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Louis 13 experience? As long as it's not Louis 16 experience...

kes7u and william like this.
  15. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

What's a Louis XIII experience ?
    I'm curious.

16. calder1

calder1 F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 26, 2006
    Redondo Beach
    Full Name:
    Craig
  17. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    There is a reason why its 888.

888 is a lucky number in China. They are wooing rich Asians. Resorts World (Genting Co) is based in Singapore.

kes7u, tifosi12 and Westworld like this.
  18. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Not mine...

19. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro

I think that is about The Remy Martin Cognac - Louis XIII. It gets its name from the King who first gave Cognac its royal recognition... completely made up. Louis XIII was not much of a drinker... and certainly not Cognac- that would have been a peasant drink at the time. The Cognac comes in a crystal Baccarat glass decanter. I think its a huge status symbol in the Rap world. as a Cognac - its very good, but not worth $300 a glass.

kes7u, tifosi12 and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  20. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Thanks for the explanation. I had no idea.

I can see that being a teetotaler saves me a lot of money !!

kes7u and spirot like this.
  21. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Frankly you are not missing much. past the first couple of sips, you can't tell much on the flavor. From what I hear - most don't just sip the Cognac, but mix it with something like Coke, or Red Bull.... its totally about masking the flavor of the cognac - and maximizing your wealth status. Cognac is basically France's version of whiskey. Its made from the leftover must of winemaking and aged in toasted barrels. fine Cognac makers use wood and vines to influence the flavor profiles... and increase the alcohol content - which preserves the "wine". if you see the bottle it will say Champagne on it - and that is because of where the grapes come from .... all highly controlled by French Law.

william likes this.
  22. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    #372 william, Jun 5, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2023
    Paying $300 for a glass of Remy Martin to mix it with Red Bull seems to be the epitome of bad taste.

When I was a kid, holidaying with the family in France, it used to amaze me to see on their "routes nationales" huge billboards reading (in English)
    Cognac COURVOISIER, The Brandy of Napoleon.
    Obviously an endorsement from Napoleon had a different connotation if you were of Anglo-Saxon stock; in France he is condidered a patriotic hero, in Britain a megalomaniac dictator and a warmonger, of course.

23. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    When i originally booked it was with AAA travel for what it’s worth. I would call and just confirm for peace of mind. Your probably fine!! Enjoy!

24. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Napoleon to me as an American is the perfect blend of self made, and self destruction. There is no doubt that he transformed France post revolution. and also no doubt that from1809 on - he was self destructive. However he is a personal hero. 100% self made, opportunist. He was not a brandy / Cognac drinker.... He preferred Chambertin Clos de Bez - mixed 50 / 50 with water. Perhaps Courvoisier got the idea from Napoleon III - who was much more a bon vivant... but less a grand leader. still I think the whole thing is made up. even still, I would not want the Courvoisier package for Vegas!

tifosi12 likes this.
  25. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    If I want brandy - I like Armagnac - very similar, but a bit less toasty and bitter, more aromatic. and literally just down the road.

tifosi12 likes this.