F1 survey | FerrariChat

F1 survey

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Nicola, May 25, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nicola

Nicola Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2004
    Northampton
    If you have time then try this.

http://www.fia-amd-survey2005.com/

Lots of questions ranging from how you would like the qualifying to be run to tobacco sponsorship.

Who knows, maybe Bernie will read the results.

2. Steve_nero

Steve_nero Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I wonder will they publish the results of this Survey? It really made me think clearly about why I like F1.

3. tomw

tomw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Tom
    When you complete the survey it tells you that the results will be published in some magazine in a month or two. I filled it in the other day and meant to post the link on here, oops!

4. mal

mal Formula Junior

Jan 12, 2004
    Kent
    The results will be published in the August issue of F1 Racing, and I am sure they will find their way onto the websites.

5. rubystone

rubystone Karting

Mar 11, 2005
    Earth
    The results will be published in F1 Racing Magazine in August/September

6. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    What a wasted opportunity the survey is! It hardly asks about any of the issues that bother me as a long term F1 follower. As far as I'm concerned F1 has been going in the wrong direction since Mosley took over. I hate single-car qualifying; two race engine rubbish; identikit tracks all designed by Tilke; 2.5 litre V8 engines; constant politics; ridiculously restricted laps in practice so there's nothing to see on track when you've paid your £200 entrance fee; endless wittering about reducing costs when all the supposed cost reductions mean less on-track action for the fans (how about stopping them buying mutli-million pound motorhomes and paying silly money to middling drivers?); different rules practically every race. Shoot Max Mosley and put someone in charge who cares about racing rather than politics!

(End of rant)

Jonathan

7. Steve_nero

Steve_nero Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Agree with all of that Jonathan, except, I thought the survey covered much of that quite well. There are lots of questions about use of technology and cost control.

I really hope the FIA listen to our collective voice.

8. barabus

barabus F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2004
    12 Cylinder Village
    Full Name:
    Si
    I don't know about anyone else but I voted to bring back best of 12 lap qually, it was a much better spectacle and much more exciting:D

9. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    cant even be bothered to read the link as F1 is so boring i dont watch it anymore as they are automatic cars which i reckon are for females

10. Nicola

Nicola Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2004
    Northampton
  11. jimmy b

jimmy b Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    On a plane
    Full Name:
    James
    Interesting thread - especially from our American brethren where F1 is not so popular - even less so since this year's F1 farce in USA. Predictable and not so interesting survey results. Other racing formulae have found answers to some of the important flaws of F1 (the same 'control tyres' for all competitors with the supplier detatched from sponsorship deals, success ballast from race to race to encourage more overtaking, fewer regulation changes, proper gearboxes, more challenging circuits, etc., etc.). It's not rocket science. Unfortunately, F1 has long-since ceased to be about motorsport, and is certainly not about fans at the track, and is just a global 2 hour TV-rights and advertising business.....
    Given up watching F1 a while ago, and much prefer WRC for in-car camera and driving action. I say if you like football go and kick one about outside. If you like motorsport, book a trackday somewhere - you don't even need your own car and it's not that expensive.
    J.