F1 TV | FerrariChat

F1 TV

Discussion in 'F1' started by E60 M5, Dec 8, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Anybody order or subscribe to this service??

Tried checking it out tonight and links are dead, way to go F1!!! LOL!!

Supposed to have all archived races and such. Plus during regular season radio coverage for all teams and other features.

Thoughts??

2. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Ok so it appears I am wrong and F1 TV Pro is for live broadcasts. Not sure what the F1TV is on formula1.com

3. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I find their website boring these days..... what passes for f1 is barely entertaining

4. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Sure, but I was more interested in the advertised archive races and documentaries they have on the site

5. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    You’ll probably find better coverage on YouTube...... there’s loads out there

E60 M5 likes this.
  6. cockrill

cockrill Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 23, 2008
    Columbia, MO
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Cockrill
    I subscribe to F1 TV. I love it. I watched every race this season using F1 TV (about half live, and half as replays). There were a few small hiccups, but nothing major. Here are my observations after the first year.

* The video and audio quality is generally very good. I saw online that many people had issues watching the races live, but I had very few problems. Replays had fewer issues than live streams.
    * Some audio during the races are not broadcast, leaving weird 15 to 30 second gaps in commentary. Not a big deal, but weird.
    * I tried out switching the audio feed to the team radios, but I found this to be more of a gimmick than anything else. Switching to the team radio audio resulted in losing the car audio. And teams don't really talk to the driver that much. Anything that a team said that was interesting was typically rebroadcast on the main audio feed.
    * I've watched a few vintage races, and plan to watch more now that it's the off-season. I probably would pay just to watch the vintage races.
    * I've watched races on my Windows laptop, Android tablet, and Android phone. For some reason I sometimes get pauses when watching on my Android tablet, and have to abandon it to continue watching on my Windows laptop. I have watched a race on my Android phone using LTE and was surprised to find that it worked well.
    * No Roku, Apple TV, Firestick support. Not a deal breaker for me, but I hope Roku support gets added.
    * If a race is on live you can't rewind to the beginning. This is annoying if I want to start racing a race 15 or 30 minutes into it. I generally have to wait until the race is over and watch the replay.

Isobel likes this.
  7. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    Well here in the UK looks like Liberty has shafted us in favour of getting it on with Sky (Bernie legacy agreement I understand)

We only get F1TV, so nothing live, no replays or f2 or gp3. To get that privilege we have to fork out loads for a sky subscription.

Liberty can just watch the viewing numbers in the UK nose dive next year.

8. GLS12

GLS12 Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2011
    Occupied VA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Is anyone else having issues with the f1 tv and formula 1 websites not loading?

9. Rosso328

Rosso328 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 11, 2006
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    The F1 app update was and is absolute unadulterated ****.

I used to be able to pull up the actual live timing and scoring screens on my iPad while watching the race live on the big screen.

The timing and scoring is gone, replaced by some horrible, dumbed down, fluffy ‘user friendly’ (supposedly) GUI. What an absolute **** show. I paid for the subscription every year solely - SOLELY - for the live timing.

Colour me gone.

E60 M5 likes this.
  10. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I’m glad I’m not the only one.... the old was way better wasn’t it, now you have to scroll around just to get the info you want, and there are key graphics they don’t even show you anymore (as far as I can see). I agree, it’s a shambles

newark_308 and E60 M5 like this.
  11. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert