News

F12 exhaust

Discussion in 'FF/GTC4Lusso/F12/812S' started by tobymax, Jan 11, 2020.

1. tobymax

tobymax Rookie

Nov 1, 2009
    Franklin, MI
    looking to upgrade exhaust on my f12. Want to be able to control sound to appease neighbors. Which would you guys go with tubi, capritso, etc?

2. 96redLT4

96redLT4 Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2009
    California
    Full Name:
    Jim
    You may have to scan through this a little. In the first part he talks about the aftermarket exhaust that sounds amazing. Cool to be able to open and close the valve with a remote. Not sure what this would do fo smog certification.

Zeus 1 likes this.
  3. Pazzo009

Pazzo009 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2014
    Hudson Valley NY
    Full Name:
    Marc C
    I have a F12 and through my research a lot of people said that the mufflers are pretty free flowing from the factory and you won't get too much sound benefit by paying thousands for aftermarket mufflers.

So I ended up going with Kline 200 cell sport cats ( No check engine light or tune required) and Capristo X-pipe with valve controller. )

I couldn't be happier. The car sounds amazing and it's not intrusive in the cabin. No drone either. However when you hammer it, you hear all the magnificence of the V12 symphony. When cruising, you have a sweet purr. I have never even had to close my valves due to excessive noise.

Later on I did a tune from Vivid Racing and I had them add some pops and burbles for the decels.... I'm so in love.

Tubi Sales likes this.
  4. ScuderiaCarParts

Sponsor

Feb 8, 2013
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Scuderia Car Parts
    Hey Toby!

This is something we spend a lot of time pouring over, if you want to talk to me directly please free to email me - dylan@scuderiacarparts.com

The honest answer is, there's no hard and fast rule. Really the exhaust is built around your requirements, once I understand them I can tailor the setup to suit you best :)

Dyla

5. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Sounds great, did you change the back box's or just add the controller to the existing boxes?

6. Pazzo009

Pazzo009 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2014
    Hudson Valley NY
    Full Name:
    Marc C
    I have not changed the boxes and I do not intend to. My research indicated that there is no power gain from changing the boxes, and not that much different note. The way to achieve both gains is changing to sport cats or no cats.

No cats would sound beautiful but obnoxious to my personal taste. Also, would require a tune to shut off CEL.

If you want to hear my car, my instagram is- Pazzo009

I have a few vids

7. j34

j34 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 13, 2019
    Full Name:
    J
    Did you happen to test with an without X pipe? Kline doesn’t think there’s much if any drone if you do H pipe with 200 cell cats.

8. Pazzo009

Pazzo009 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2014
    Hudson Valley NY
    Full Name:
    Marc C
    The X- pipe doesn’t make a huge difference. I did it first and immediately realized I needed more sound so I went 200 cell. No drone whatsoever