F12 High speed Impressions | Page 2 | FerrariChat

F12 High speed Impressions

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Solid State, Nov 25, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Hi luigi - I have many pictures of the car that used to be linked to my avatar here. With the new website format they all appear to be gone. I think it was called my garage? It seems now that there is a limit on picture size. Many here have seen the car posted and in person. It was setup by the very knowledgeable original owner and was CPO'd through the local dealership. The springs are Novitec and 4-corner settings checked/maintained.

Quite a nice setting and what all F12s should come like. Very similar setup to what is standard on the F12 TDF with spring rate and height/spacing. The underside aero is unchanged in configuration and condition from stock. Tire pressures all set to owners manual spec except when stored and then re-adjusted in the Spring. Tires are original Michelin, about 4K miles and otherwise as manufactured. Alignment is spot on with no wiggle at the wheel at any speed. Never a shake at the brake petal either. Car is immaculate. Just did full detail and need to get emissions inspected in the next week or so then time to do my routine Winter storage for the area.

I like your idea of having my own suspension guy. There is a wonderful and highly recommended Ferrari shop about 20 mins from me that specialize in suspension called Competizione. They did the inspection on my car and the co-owner Richard (ex dealership master mechanic) said it was setup exactly how he would have executed. Remarked about the front/back balance being well done. I have the extended full warrantee so haven't been a regular there but Richard and Fernando are great guys and it would give me an excuse to see the shop again! I'm sure its fine and will test again in the Spring and report back. Will pay more attention this time. I'm amazed at the F12 speeds others have posted here. These cars are spectacular.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  2. Claudia65

Claudia65 Karting

Mar 29, 2017
    Switzerland
    I did around 320 km/h with my F12 on a german Autobahn..thats around 200 mph i guess..and no problems at all...BUT i did around the same with the Speciale and need to say the Speciale feels a bit more stable at such speeds but thats normal i guess....having your car checked is probably not a bad idea..

3. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    TPMS is a life-saver at high speed. Call me reckless, but although I'm aware that danger is greatly amplified by speed, the sensation of flooring a Ferrari is so spine-tingling that I forget about pretty much else and focus on enjoying that sweet rush of complete joy and freedom, and being alert on the road (anticipating other cars' movements, double-checking mirrors, etc).

Kind regards,

Nuno.

Cgk360 and Caeruleus11 like this.
  4. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Thats just being a normal human. You do your best to monitor the conditions, but you have to enjoy life. Having something like TPMS to alert you is a very very good thing.

AlfistaPortoghese likes this.
  5. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    At 160 plus in my Scud feel very planted - been up to 186 mph with no handling problems

6. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    191 mph, uphill, no issues, planted, whereas I couldn't say the same for my old Cali at this sort of speed. Tdf, even more planted, totally solid at anything above 150 and just gets more so.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  7. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Very nice. This thread was getting my interest up so was going to go the long way to get the car inspected and now there's four inches of snow on the ground and still falling! Man, season over and still need inspection. Hope it stays dry for you all a little longer.

Caeruleus11 likes this.